- 1 person: US$ 1,280 per person.
- Group of 2 people: US$ 680 per person.
- Group of 3 people: US$ 510 per person.
- Group of 4 people: US$ 400 per person.
- Group of 5 people: US$ 380 per person.
- Group of 6 people: US$ 330 per person.*
*Despite the 4x4 vehicle has space for 6 passengers plus the driver/guide, the last seat of the vehicle is narrow, so, in case you want comfort for all the passengers, our suggestion is to make the tour in two groups of 3 people each (two separated bookings).
- Select the departure date from the calendar.
- Select the number of people.
- Click on "Add to cart".
- Pay online an advance deposit of the total price of the program.
- Once payed, the booking is subject to confirmation according to the availability. If you want to check the availability before paying, write an e-mail at email@example.com.
- You can reschedule or cancel the tour (with full refund) until 31 days before it starts.
- Pickup at your hotel in San Pedro de Atacama.
- Shared transportation from Atacama to the Bolivian border.
- Private transportation in Bolivia.
- Spanish speaking driver/guide.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- Two nights of accommodation in hostel, in double private room, with private bathroom, hot shower and heating in common areas:
- 1st night in a salt hostel in San Juan del Rosario.
- 2nd night in a hostel in Villamar.
- Round trip shuttle between Calama's airport and San Pedro de Atacama.
- Border tax (Bs. 17 per person).
- Towels, heating in the rooms and internet access.
- Entrance fees to parks (Bs. 186 per person):
- Entrance ticket to Eduardo Avaroa Andean Fauna National Reserve (Bs. 150 per person).
- Entrance ticket to Polques Hot Springs (Bs. 6 per person).
- Entrance ticket to Incahuasi Island (Bs. 30 per person).
- Access to toilets on the way (approximately Bs. 6 each access).
- Health insurance.
- English speaking driver/guide: US$ 237 per group.
*Subject to availability when booking.
- Comfortable and warm clothing.
- Comfortable shoes (ideally trekking shoes).
- Swimsuit and towel (for Polques Hot Springs).
- Toilet paper.
- Water (1 liter per person, for the first day. The rest of the days you can buy it on the road).
- Passport or ID card. If you are a foreign resident in Chile, you should take both to show them in customs.
- At least Bs. 250 for mandatory expenses of the tour (tax, entry tickets, bathrooms and water).
- Extra money in cash (Bs.) to buy souvenirs and other expenses (optional).
- Minimum age required of 7 years old.
- Not recommended for people suffering hypertension, heart failure, asthma or similar, for whom visiting places above 4000 meters of altitude may present a risk for their health (the tour is made mostly above 4000 meters of altitude, even reaching 4850 meters of altitude one of the days of the tour).
- Not allowed for pregnant women.
Beginning: Day 1 at 6:30 am at your hotel in San Pedro de Atacama.
End: Day 3 at 1:00 pm in San Pedro de Atacama's downtown.
Day 1: We will pick you up at your hotel in San Pedro de Atacama to go to the border between Chile and Bolivia in our shared transportation. After the customs procedures, we will begin our tour in private transportation that will take us to see different tourist attractions of the Bolivian Altiplano, like the Blanca and Verde lagoons, and the Sol de Mañana Geysers. In addition, we will visit the Colorada Lagoon and Italia Perdida. Here we will go over the rock mazes that the wind has formed during hundreds of years. Then, we will pass by the Vinto Lagoon and the Anaconda Canyon viewpoint, from where we will have a panoramic view from the heights of a very peculiar landscape in the middle of the desert. After this long day, we will arrive to San Juan del Rosario, where we will have our dinners and get rest to continue the next day.
Day 2: We will leave very early in the morning, to enter the Uyuni Salt Flat and get installed to see the sunrise. After the first lights of the morning and use the landscape to make pictures, we will continue our tour inside the salt flat to the Incahuasi Island, where we will be able to get out of the vehicle and make a walking by the marked track. This will allow us to see the salt flat from the heights and have a better perspective of the big area that it covers. Later, we will pass by the Salt Museum and the Dakar Monument, before visiting Colchani. We will also visit the train cemetery before reaching Uyuni, where we will be able to get lunch. After that, we will continue to Villamar, where we will spend our second night.
Day 3: We will begin our day early in the morning to make small stops in the tourist attractions in this part of the route. The first thing that we will see is the Colorada Lagoon. Then, we will visit the Sol de Mañana Geysers and the Polques Hot Springs. Before getting to the border, we will pass by the Blanca and Verde lagoons, near the Licancabur Volcano and we will have the last views close to the mountain range, before crossing to Chilean territory. After the border procedures, we will take the shared transportation to arrive to San Pedro de Atacama, where we will finish our tour.
*The visiting times of every one of the places in the two programs are reduced, because we will have less time than with the Uyuni Salt Flat (4 days), for example, to make the entire tour.
During the months from January to April, it takes place the weather phenomenon known as Altiplano winter, rain season in the central Andes. Due to this, it is possible that the described itinerary is modified as follows:
- The first night is not in a hostel in San Juan del Rosario, but in Uyuni.
- The Stone Tree will not be visited.
- The Incahuasi Island is not visited because this is in the center of the salt flat, place where there is the largest concentration of water during the rainy season.
Force majeure changes
These are reference itineraries. The route to get to the salt flat, the places visited, the indicated order and the end time will always be subject to changes according weather conditions, demonstrations and accommodation availability. The confirmation of the itinerary is obtained in the briefing that the local supplier gives a day before the beginning of the activity, which does not mean that it will not be modified due to the happening of some of the situations already mentioned once the tour has already begun.