- Price per person:
- CLP$ 20.000 per person.
- 4:00 am to 12:00 pm.
- 8 hours.
- Hotel pick up, shared transport, bilingual guide (Spanish and English) and breakfast.
- Not included:
- Entry ticket to El Tatio Geysers (CLP$ 7.000 per person for Chileans and CLP$ 10.000 per person).
- What to bring:
- Warm clothing, comfortable shoes, warm hat, bathing suit, towel, sunglasses, sunscreen and water.
- Not allowed for children younger than 9 years.
- Allowed for underage persons between 9 and 17, with permission of both parents.
- Not allowed for people with problems related to the altitude.
- Cancellation Policy :
- 48 hours.
The journey begins at early morning from San Pedro de Atacama to the Altiplano, going up through the hills and mountains of the Andes. After 1 hour and a half, we will arrive to El Tatio Geysers, a unique natural spectacle in the world, with 80 steaming geysers at 4,200 meters high. In this natural scenery, we will enjoy a breakfast to recover our energies for going over the geothermal camp, surrounded of many steam columns. Then, we will visit the Pozón Rústico, where we will take a thermal bath for about 40 minutes.
Back to San Pedro de Atacama, we will have a stop in the Putana River, where we will observe the native flora and fauna of the area; then, we will make a stop in Machuca town, where it is possible to buy lama anticuchos (little pieces of meat pierced by a small bar), empanadas and other traditional food from the area.
*The tour time is from 4:30 am to 12:30 pm until August 13, and from 4:00 am to 12:00 pm from August 14.
*The average minimum temperature for the place during the summer is -6 °C, and during the winter is -20 °C, so our recommendation is to bring warm clothing.
*You must obey the demarcated trails; it is forbidden to leave them. If you do not obey this instruction you will be at risk of falling to boiling water.
*Part of this tour is made above 4,000 meters high, so our recommendation is to take it at the end of your stay in San Pedro de Atacama.
*The tour does not include a visit to the Puritama Hot Springs.