- Price per person:
- from CLP$ 58.000 per person.
- 7:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- 13 hours.
- Pickup at the hotel, shared transport, bilingual guide (Spanish and English), box lunch and hiking poles.
- Not included:
- Entry ticket to Torres del Paine National Park (see details in the description of the activity).
- What to bring:
- Trekking shoes, sunglasses, sunscreen, hat and gloves to protecto yourself from cold, short pants, long and short sleeved T-shirts, polar type warm clothes, waterproof jacket and pants, 25 liters backpack and hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Minimum age required of 12 years old.
- Weather :
- Subject to weather conditions.
- Cancellation policy :
- 48 hours.
- Price per person until September 30, 2017: CLP$ 58,000.
- Price per person from October 1, 2017: CLP$ 65,000.
We will leave Puerto Natales to the north, following the route to the Torres del Paine National Park. After a 2 hours trip, we will arrive in the Estancia Torres del Paine, the starting point of our trek. First, our guide will give a small presentation, and then we will begin walking through the track that will take us to an old bridge that crosses the Asencio River. After a one hour hike, we will arrive at El Chileno Campsite, in the shade of a spectacular lenga forest, crossing various springs falling from the Almirante Nieto Hill.
We will make a brief stop and then continue our way to the next viewpoint, at 700 meters high. Since here, the track increases its slope. Half an hour later, we will reach Las Torres Base by one end of the lagoon, from where we will have a great view of the three towers (Central, Monzino and Dagostini) and the Peineta and Nido de Cóndores hills. With this view, we will have time to rest and eat our box lunch. The return is on the same track until we arrive to the starting point, from where we will go back to Puerto Natales in a vehicle.
Ticket prices to Torres del Paine National Park
- Between May and September, 2017.
- Chileans: CLP$ 4,000 per person.
- Foreingers: CLP$ 11,000 per person.
- Between October, 2017 and April 2018.
- Chileans: CLP$ 6.000 per person.
- Foreingers: CLP$ 21.000 per person.
- In what period of the year the trek is made?
The tour is made during the whole year, always subject to weather conditions.
What is the better time for the activity?
Although it can be made during the whole year, usually the weather stabilizes in the summer period (December to March), in which, besides having more hours of sunshine, there are also more sunny days. However, inside the national park there are microclimates that in some occasions could make impossible to see the towers.
- Which are the technical characteristics of the trek?
The difficulty level of this trek is medium-high. The total distance that you will have to walk is 20 kilometers in a round trip tour. The total duration of the trek is 8 hours, always subject to the physical conditions of the group and the weather conditions. The total height of the track is 680 meters, between the 170 meters above sea level from the beginning point of the hike, and the 850 meters above sea level of the Base Las Torres Viewpoint, having a lot of ascents and descents.
- What does the box lunch include?
The box lunch has a cold sandwich of ham and cheese or salami and cheese, with salted cookies, cereal bar, fruits, chocolate, yoghurt, juice and water.
- Is there a vegetarian box lunch option for lunch?
Yes. In case you want a vegetarian box lunch, you must ask for it at email@example.com once the booking is already made.
More doubts? Send us your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org and we are going to solve them as soon as possible.