- Price per person:
- CLP$ 120.000 per person.
- 6:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- 11 hours.
- Pickup at the hotel (urban area), shared transport, bilingual instructor (Spanish and English), breakfast, snack and hiking poles.
- Not included:
- Travel insurance (recommended).
- What to bring:
- Trekking clothing, trekking shoes, hat to protect against the sun, sunglasses, sunscreen and water.
- Not allowed for people with problems related to the altitude.
- Not allowed for pregnant women.
- Minimum age required of 14 years old.
- Not recommended for people who suffer from vertigo.
- Minimum of passengers:
- departure from 2 passengers.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 48 hours.
Sairecabur Volcano is characterized for its beauty as well as its far-off location and difficult access. It is located in the border between Chile and Bolivia, and it is the highest of a 4 volcanoes chain situated very close to each other: Curiquinca (5,700 meters high), Escalante (5,800 meters high), Cerro Colorado (5,700 meters high) and Sairecabur, which reign between all of them with 6,000 meters high.
We will leave San Pedro de Atacama in a vehicle, taking the route towards El Tatio Geysers. On the road, we will pass by an abandoned sulfur mine, where we will have breakfast receive some instructions to begin our ascent. The time that lasts will depend on the rhythm of the group, but it should take around 3 hours. It is a hard climb, but when we get to the summit we will realize that totally worth it. In the crater, we will have amazing views of the Licancabur and Juriques volcanoes, as well as the Verde Lagoon in Bolivian territory. After seeing the landscape and recover some energy, we will begin the descent, and then we will take the vehicle to return to San Pedro de Atacama.
*Our recommendation is you to bring first layer, polar or sweatshirt as second layer, windbreaker as third layer, closed and high trek shoes, cap, gloves, sunblock and sunglasses.
*The summit arrival is subjected to the participants' physical conditions as well as the area's weather conditions.