- 1 person: US$ 1,450 per person.
- Group of 2 people: US$ 770 per person.
- Group of 3 people: US$ 630 per person.
- Group of 4 people: US$ 490 per person.
- Group of 5 people: US$ 470 per person.
- Group of 6 people: US$ 410 per person.*
*Even though the 4x4 vehicle has space for six passengers plus the driver/guide, the last seat of the vehicle is more cramped that the other seats. Therefore, if you would like for all travelers to be able to sit comfortably, we suggest doing the tour in two groups of three each (two separate bookings).
- Select the departure date from the calendar.
- Select the number of people.
- Click on "Add to cart".
- Pay online an advance deposit of the total price of the program.
- Once the payment has been made, the booking will be subject to confirmation depending on availability. If you would like to check availability before making the payment, send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can reschedule or cancel the tour (with a full refund) until 31 days before it starts.
- Pickup at your hotel in San Pedro de Atacama.
- Shared transportation from Atacama to the Bolivian border.
- Private transportation in Bolivia.
- Spanish-speaking driver/guide.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- Accommodations in hostels:
- Three nights of accommodation in hostel with double private room, private bathroom, hot shower and heating in common areas:
- 1st night in a hostel in Villamar.
- 2nd night in a salt hostel in San Juan del Rosario.
- 3rd night in a hostel in Villamar.
- Round trip shuttle between Calama airport and San Pedro de Atacama.
- Border tax (Bs. 17 per person).
- Towels, heating in the rooms and internet access.
- Entrance fees to parks (Bs. 186 per person):
- Entrance fee to the Eduardo Avaroa Andean Fauna National Reserve (Bs. 150 per person).
- Entrance fee to the Polques Hot Springs (Bs. 6 per person).
- Entrance fee to Incahuasi Island (Bs. 30 per person).
- Access to bathrooms along the way (approximately Bs. 6 each time).
- Travel insurance with health-care coverage.
- English speaking driver/guide: US$ 315 per group.
*Subject to availability when booking.
- Comfortable and warm clothing.
- Comfortable shoes (ideally for hiking).
- Swimsuit and towel (for Polques Hot Springs).
- Toilet paper.
- Water (1 liter per person for the first day. You can buy it on the road during the rest of the tour).
- Passport or ID card. If you are a foreign resident in Chile, you should bring both to present them at customs.
- Bs. 350 for expenses not included on the tour (entrance fees, taxes, bathroom, water and souvenirs, among others).
- Minimum age of 7 required.
- Not recommended for people suffering high blood pressure, heart failure, asthma, or other similar ailments, for whom visiting places above 4,000 meters (13,123 ft.) of altitude may present a health risk (the tour is done mostly above 4,000 meters of altitude, even reaching 4,850 meters (15,912 ft.) of altitude one of the days of the tour).
- Not allowed for pregnant women.
Start: Day 1 at 7:00 am at your hotel in San Pedro de Atacama.
End: Day 4 at 1:00 pm in downtown San Pedro de Atacama.
Day 1: The pickup will be at your hotel and then we will head off to the border crossing between Chile and Bolivia in our shared transportation. Here we will go through customs and border procedures and then begin the tour in our private transportation that includes a visit to the Verde and Blanca Lagoons and the Polques Hot Springs. Then, we will continue on to the Sol de Mañana Geysers and the Colorada Lagoon before getting to our hostel in Villamar.
Day 2: We will leave in the morning to discover a place called Italia Perdida. Here we will be able to see a number of volcanic rock formations in the middle of the Altiplano. We will also explore the Vinto Lagoon and Rocas Valley. In addition, we will make a stop to see the Anaconda Canyon at a lookout point from where you can see a river in the shape of this Amazonian reptile. After this, we will go to our hotel to have dinner and get some sleep.
Day 3: We will start the day very early in the morning to enter the Uyuni Salt Flat and get set up in a superb spot to see the sunrise. After giving a warm greeting to the sun, we will cross the endless white stretch of the salt flat until reaching Incahuasi Island. We will be able to explore the trails and climb up to the highest part of the island where we will have a 360° view of the salt flat. Then we will visit the Salt Museum and the Dakar Monument, and we will leave the salt flat to visit the town of Colchani. We will pass through Uyuni before continuing on our trip to Villamar, where we will spend the night.
Day 4: This day is dedicated solely to the return trip from Uyuni, which is why we will leave very early from the hotel to get on the road to the border. Here we will go through the corresponding procedures and then continue in shared transportation to San Pedro de Atacama, where we will end the tour.
*The end time of this activity could be modified due to weather conditions or lengthy customs procedures, which is why we recommend purchasing your ticket to leave San Pedro de Atacama as late as possible on the day we get back from Uyuni, or on the day after we return
From January to April, a weather phenomenon occurs that is known as Altiplano winter, which is the rainy season in the central Andes. Due to this, the described itinerary may be modified as follows:
- The second night would not be in a hostel in San Juan del Rosario, but in a hostel in Uyuni.
- We would not visit Incahuasi Island because it is located in the middle of the salt flat where we find the largest concentration of water during the rainy season.
Changes due to force majeure
These are referential itineraries. The route to get to the salt flat, the places visited, the indicated order and the end time will always be subject to change according to weather conditions, road conditions, unforeseen events and accommodations availability. The itinerary is confirmed in the briefing given by the supplier the day before the start of the activity. However, the itinerary still could be modified due to the occurrence of the aforementioned situations once the tour has already begun.