- 1 person: US$ 1,220 per person.
- Group of 2 persons: US$ 650 per person.
- Group of 3 persons: US$ 500 per person.
- Group of 4 persons: US$ 400 per person.
- Group of 5 persons: US$ 370 per person.
- Group of 6 persons: US$ 310 per person.*
*Despite the 4x4 vehicle has space for 6 passengers plus the driver/guide, the last seat of the vehicle is narrow, so, in case you want comfort for all the travelers, our suggestion is to make the tour in two groups of 3 people each (two separated bookings).
- Select the departure date from the calendar.
- Select the number of people.
- Click on "Add to cart".
- Pay the full price of the tour online.
- Pickup at your hotel in San Pedro de Atacama.
- Shared transportation from Atacama to the Bolivian border.
- Private transportation in Bolivia.
- Spanish speaking driver/guide.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- Accommodation in hostels:
- Two nights of accommodations in hostel in double private room, with private bathroom, hot shower and heating in common areas:
- 1st night in a hostel in Villamar.
- 2nd night in a salt hostel in San Juan del Rosario.
- Round trip shuttle between Calama's airport and San Pedro de Atacama.
- Border tax (Bs. 17 per person).
- Towels, heating in the rooms and internet access.
- Entrance fees to parks (Bs. 186 per person):
- Entrance ticket to Eduardo Avaroa Andean Fauna National Reserve (Bs. 150 per person).
- Entrance ticket to Polques Hot Springs (Bs. 6 per person).
- Entrance ticket to Incahuasi Island (Bs. 30 per person).
- Access to toilets on the way (approximately Bs. 6 each access).
- Travel insurance with health-care coverage.
- English speaking driver/guide: US$ 237 per group.
*Subject to availability when booking.
- Comfortable and warm clothing.
- Comfortable shoes (ideally trekking shoes).
- Swimsuit and towel (for Polques Hot Springs).
- Toilet paper.
- Water (1 liter per person for the first day. The rest of the days you can buy it on the road).
- Passport or ID card. If you are a foreign resident in Chile you should take both to show them in customs.
- Bs. 350 for expenses not included on the tour (entrance fees, taxes, bathroom, water and souvenirs, among others).
- Minimum age required of 7 years old.
- Not recommended for people suffering hypertension, heart failure, asthma or similar, for whom visiting places above 4000 meters of altitude may present a risk for their health (the tour is made mostly above 4000 meters of altitude, even reaching 4850 meters of altitude one of the days of the tour).
- Not allowed for pregnant women.
- Resident in Chile Venezuelan passengers will be able to make the tour only if they have permanent residence in the country.
Beginning: Day 1 at 7:00 am in your hotel in San Pedro de Atacama.
End: Day 3 at 4:00 pm in downtown Uyuni.
Day 1: We will pick you up at your hotel to begin the travel to the border between Chile and Bolivia in shared transportation. After the procedures, we will begin the tour in private transportation that will take us to the Verde and Blanca lagoons, first tourist attractions of the Bolivian High Plato, near the Licancabur. After that, we will pass by the Polques Hot Springs and the Sol de Mañana Geysers. In addition, we will visit the Colorada Lagoon, where we will take pictures before ending the itinerary of the day in Villamar, where we will spend our first night.
Day 2: We will leave our accommodation in the morning, to visit Italia Perdida, rock formations with different shapes and sizes in the middle of the desert. We will pass also by the Vinto Lagoon and the viewpoint of the Anaconda Canyon, from where you can have a great perspective of the valley, where passes the river that has the shape of this animal of the Amazon Region. In addition, we will visit the towns of Alota and San Agustín, before reaching San Juan del Rosario. Here, we will have time to stretch our legs from the day of travel, have dinner and then rest during the night.
Day 3: This day begins very early, before seeing the first sun lights. We will enter to the Uyuni Salt Flat so we can find the right spot to see the sunrise over the salt flat. After witnessing this true nature spectacle, we will go to the Incahuasi Island that we will be able to go over, following the marked circuit for that. While we go up to the higher part of the island, we will have panoramic views of the greatness of the salt flat, decorated with giant cactus that grow up in this rock mass. After that, we will go to the Salt Museum and the Dakar Monument, so then we leave the salt flat. We will pass by the town of Colchani and visit the train cemetery, before arriving to Uyuni, where we will end our tour.
During the months from January to April, it takes place the weather phenomenon known as Altiplano winter, rain season in the central Andes. Due to this, it is possible that the described itinerary is modified as follows:
- The second night is not in a hostel in San Juan del Rosario, but in a hostel in Uyuni.
- The Incahuasi Island is not visited because this is in the center of the salt flat, place where there is the largest amount of water during the rainy season.
Force majeure changes
These are reference itineraries. The route to get to the salt flat, the places visited, the indicated order and the end time will always be subject to changes according to weather conditions, road conditionas, demonstrations and accommodations availability. The confirmation of the itinerary is obtained in the briefing that the local supplier gives a day before the beginning of the activity, which does not mean that it will not be modified due to the happening of some of the situations already mentioned once the tour has already begun.
- If you cancel with a 15-day notice before the beginning of the tour, we will make a full refund of what you paid for the booking.
- If you cancel with less than a 15-day notice before the beginning of the tour, we will not make any refund of what you paid for the booking.