- Price per person:
- CLP$ 249.000 per person.
- 12:30 pm to 6:00 pm.
- 2 days and 1 night.
- Pickup at the hotel (urban area), shared transport, bilingual instructor (Spanish and English), accommodation, food, snack, hiking poles, entry ticket to Eduardo Avaroa Andean Fauna National Reserve (150 bolivianos per person) and helmet.
- Not included:
- Travel insurance (recommended).
- What to bring:
- Trekking clothing, trekking shoes, hat to protect against the sun, sunglasses, sunscreen and water.
- Not allowed for people with problems related to the altitude.
- Not allowed for pregnant women.
- Minimum age required of 14 years old.
- Minimum of passengers:
- departure from 2 passengers.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 48 hours.
Licancabur Volcano, located in the border between Chile and Bolivia, is one of the most characteristic volcanoes in the area, due to its 5,900 meters high and its summit with an almost perfect cone shape. Because it is very difficult to climb, it requires a very complex technique; this activity is a challenge for mountain climbing enthusiasts and experienced people, as well. The climb goes through loose rock tracks with a considerable slope, so it is required an excellent physical condition.
Day 1: We will leave San Pedro de Atacama in a vehicle the first day towards the border with Bolivia, in a 2 hours trip. Once we cross the border, we will see the Blanca Lagoon and also the Verde Lagoon. We will eat something and make a trek around the lagoons, and after that we will return to the camp to have dinner and rest.
Day 2: At 2:00 am, before dawn and after breakfast, we will begin our ascent that will take between 6 and 10 hours, to the crater's border, located at 5,900 meters high. We will have the opportunity to see the sunrise that will give us the best images of the day for sure. Also we will be surprised up there when we see a beautiful half hectare lagoon inside the crater, considered the world's fifth highest lagoon. Our descent lasts 3 to 4 hours to the camp, to pick up our things and then take the vehicle to return to San Pedro de Atacama.
*Our recommendation is you to bring first layer, polar or sweatshirt as second layer, windbreaker as third layer, closed and high trek shoes, cap, gloves, sunblock and sunglasses.
*The summit arrival is subjected to the participants' physical conditions as well as the area's weather conditions.