- Price per person:
- CLP$ 110.000 per person.
- 5:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- 11 hours.
- Pickup at the hotel (urban area), shared transport, bilingual instructor (Spanish and English), hiking poles and helmet.
- Not included:
- Travel insurance with health-care coverage.
- What to bring:
- Trekking clothing, trekking shoes, sun hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, snack and water.
- Not allowed for people with problems related to the altitude.
- Not allowed for pregnant women.
- Minimum age required of 14 years old.
- Weather :
- Subject to weather conditions.
- Minimum of passengers:
- departure from 2 passengers.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 48 hours.
Láscar Volcano, located just at 70 kilometers from San Pedro de Atacama, is characteristic for being the only active volcano in northern Chile. Its smoking crater works as a warning to those who want to challenge it.
We will leave San Pedro de Atacama in a vehicle towards the south, passing by the towns of Toconao and Talabre. We will have breakfast in the road and then, after a journey of 2 hours, reach the volcano base. Once there, at 4,600 meters high, we will begin our ascent that lasts from 3 to 4 hours (depending on the physical conditions of the group), and that will take us to the crater of the volcano. It is true that the distance doesn’t seem a lot, but it is a sharp rise and we will notice the lack of oxygen. In the crater, of 300 meters depth, we will be able to see the fumaroles and feel the intense smell of sulfur, at the same time we enjoy a spectacular view of the Andes. If the conditions of the group allow it, we will walk 40 minutes more to reach the top of the volcano, located at 5,630 meters high. Our descent lasts 1 and a half hour, and then we will take the vehicle to return to San Pedro de Atacama.
*Our recommendation is you to bring first layer, polar or sweatshirt as second layer, windbreaker as third layer, closed and high trek shoes, cap, gloves, sunblock and sunglasses.
*The summit arrival is subjected to the participants' physical conditions as well as the area's weather conditions.