- Price per person:
- CLP$ 45.000 per person.
- 9:30 am to 1:30 pm.
- 4 hours.
- Bilingual guide (Spanish and English), food tasting and drink tasting.
- Not included:
- Pickup at the hotel (urban area) nor travel insurance with health-care coverage.
- Meeting Point:
- Main Square (at the corner of the church).
- What to bring:
- Comfortable shoes, sun hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and water.
- Minimum of passengers:
- departure from 2 passengers.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 48 hours.
We invite you to a delicious and fun morning, getting to know the local food, discovering new flavors and learning about the food and cultural heritage of the Andes communities.
In this culinary tour, we will take you by the best places to eat in San Pedro de Atacama, from symbolic restaurants to more characteristic places, like food carts and stands. You will get to know San Pedro de Atacama off the beaten track places. The tour includes tasting equivalent to a complete breakfast and lunch, with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. Also, we offer a vegetarian tasting option.
Some of the things you can taste are:
- Baguette and chocolate bread.
- Mate de coca sweeten with chañar's syrup (Geoffroea decorticans) or algarrobo's honey (Prosopis chilensis).
- Quince or apricot jam of Toconao.
- Mote con huesillo (boiled wheat and dried peaches).
- Llama meat empanada.
- Microbrew "Rica Rica Ale".
- Pisco sour of rica rica (Acatholippia deserticola).
- Quinoa sushi.
- Ceviche of patasca (boiled wheat soup).
- Chañar (Geoffroea decorticans) home-made ice cream, coca leaf, quinoa with milk or rica rica (Acatholippia deserticola).
- Lemonade, ice tea or natural juice.
- Muña muña (Minthostachys mollis) infusion or dried pear of Talabre.
*Tastings subject to modification according to availability.
*The return time is approximate and changes every day according to the weather conditions, the conditions of the road and the rhythm of the group. The return will be one hour before and even one hour after the informed.