- Price per person:
- CLP$ 65.000 per person.
- 8:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- 7 hours.
- Pickup at the hotel (urban area), shared transport, bilingual instructor (Spanish and English), hiking poles and helmet.
- Not included:
- Travel insurance with health-care coverage.
- What to bring:
- Trekking clothing, trekking shoes, sun hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, snack and water.
- Not allowed for people with problems related to the altitude.
- Not allowed for pregnant women.
- Minimum age required of 14 years old.
- Minimum of passengers:
- departure from 2 passengers.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 48 hours.
Cerro Toco is an ancient dormant volcano like several others in the area. It is one of the most characteristic ascents in the area, because it is the nearest to San Pedro de Atacama, just at 60 kilometers, and easy to access.
We will leave San Pedro de Atacama in a vehicle towards an old sulfur mine in a 1 hour and a half trip. Once there, at 5,000 meters high, we will begin our ascent that lasts between 2 and 3 hours, and will take us to the top of the hill, at 5,600 meters high. During great part of the year, it is possible to contemplate penitent snow, big extensions of frozen water generated naturally because of sublimation. Once on the top, we will enjoy the spectacular view to the other Altiplanic summits. Our descent lasts 1 hour, and then we will take the vehicle to return to San Pedro de Atacama.
*Our recommendation is you to bring first layer, polar or sweatshirt as second layer, windbreaker as third layer, closed and high trek shoes, cap, gloves, sunblock and sunglasses.
*The summit arrival is subjected to the participants' physical conditions as well as the area's weather conditions.
*The return time is approximate and changes every day according to the weather conditions, the conditions of the road and the rhythm of the group. The return will be one hour before and even one hour after the informed.