- Price per person:
- CLP$ 25.000 per person.
- 6:30 am to 1:30 pm.
- 7 hours.
- Pickup at the hotel (urban area), shared transport, bilingual guide (Spanish and English) and breakfast.
- Not included:
- Entry ticket to Chaxa Lagoon (CLP$ 2.500 per person), entry ticket to Quebrada de Jerez (CLP$ 1.500 per person) nor travel insurance with health-care coverage.
- What to bring:
- Warm clothing, comfortable shoes, warm hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and water.
- Not allowed for pregnant women.
- Minimum age required of 3 years old.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 48 hours.
We will go out from San Pedro de Atacama to the south, going across the basin of the Atacama Salt Flat. First, we will visit Toconao town, its San Lucas Church and its old orchards. In addition, we will visit the Jerez Ravine, place where the farming tradition of the Atacameños, with fruit trees cultivation, and where you can see some petroglyphs. Then, we will go to the Atacama Salt Flat, the largest salt flat in Chile and the third one in the world. There, we will walk through the trails of the Chaxa Lagoon, habitat of the three flamingo species present in Chile: Andean, Chilean and James. After, we will go back to San Pedro de Atacama’s downtown, ending the tour.
*The order of the visiting places is subject to changes the same day of the tour.
*The pickup service included is nor carried out from/to accommodations located outside the urban area of San Pedro de Atacama, accommodations located at ayllus close to San Pedro de Atacama (Quitor, Yaye, Checar, Sequitor, Solor and Coyo) nor accommodations in the town of Toconao.