- Price per person:
- CLP$ 22.000 per person.
- Departures every 45 minutes from 8:00 pm.
- 2 hours and 45 minutes.
- Shared transport, bilingual guide (Spanish and English), hot drink, glass of Chilean wine per person and drop off at city's downtown.
- Not included:
- Travel insurance with health-care coverage.
- Meeting Point:
- Calama St. and Caracoles St., San Pedro de Atacama.
- What to bring:
- Warm clothing.
- Minimum age required of 5 years old.
- Weather :
- Subject to weather conditions.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 48 hours.
We will be picked up at our meeting point and taken to the place where we will enjoy this astronomical tour under one of the best skies in the world for studying astronomy.
The activity will be separated into three stages. One corresponds to a class to learn basic concepts about astronomy in a room equipped especially for this purpose. In other stage, we will gaze at the sky with naked eye to learn how to identify the cardinal points and some zodiacal constellations. The last stage includes observation with telescopes and binoculars in the open air, so we can identify the objects that are out in the sky while we are taking part in the activity. Among these objects are planets, binary stars, and open and globular clusters. After that, we will return to San Pedro de Atacama.
*The tour is not offered when there is a full moon because the brightness and luminosity of the sky do not permit astronomical observation.
- September 8th to 30th:
- First departure (Spanish): 7:30 pm to 10:15 pm.
- Second departure (English): 8:15 to 11:00 pm.
- Third departure (Spanish): 9:00 pm to 11:45 pm.
- Forth departure (English): 9:45 pm to 12:30 am.
- Fifth departure (Spanish): 10:30 am to 1:15 am.
- October 1st to February 28th:
- First departure (Spanish): 9:00 pm to 11:45 pm.
- Second departure (English): 9:45 to 12:30 am.
- Third departure (Spanish): 10:30 pm to 1:15 am.
- Forth departure (English): 11:15 pm to 2:00 am.
- Fifth departure (Spanish): 11:59 pm to 2:45 am.
Where is located the place where we will make the tour?
The place where the activity is made is in a close plot, fifteen minutes from the city of San Pedro de Atacama. It is important to get away from the areas with too much light, so we can have the least amount of light pollution as possible for the astronomical observation.
Why it is not possible to make the tour during full moon periods?
During these periods, the surface of the Moon visible from the Earth is 100% enlightened by the Sun, which makes it extremely bright. This light reflected makes the astronomical observation very hard from our planet, because enters too much light and it is impossible to distinguish the bodies of outer space with clarity, so it does not worth making this tour.
What happens with the tour in case of cancellation?
A cancellation could happen because of weather conditions and in these cases corresponds a full refund of what you paid for the booking. If you are available to reschedule the tour, you will be able to do it without any problem, depending on the availability.
Is there any difference with the observation depending on the departure I take?
None. Only the position in which the bodies are at the time you take the tour. You will be able to see the same bodies and constellations, with the corresponding explanations of the guides.
Does the tour include some picture?
There is the possibility to include an individual picture with a star background that costs CLP$ 3,000. You have to pay it in cash, directly on the place of the tour.
More doubts? Send us your questions at email@example.com and we are going to solve them as soon as possible.