- Price per person:
- CLP$ 30.000 per person.
- 6:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- 7 hours.
- Hotel pick up, shared transport, bilingual guide (Spanish and English) and breakfast.
- Not included:
- Entry ticket to Chaxa Lagoon (CLP$ 2.500 per person) nor entry ticket to Altiplanic Lagoons (CLP$ 3.000 per person).
- What to bring:
- Warm clothing, comfortable shoes, warm hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and water.
- Not allowed for children younger than 7 years.
- Not allowed for people with problems related to the altitude.
- Not allowed for pregnant women.
- Cancellation Policy :
- 48 hours.
We will go out from San Pedro de Atacama to the south, going across the basin of the Atacama Salt Flat. First, we will visit Toconao town, its San Lucas Church and its old orchards. Then, we will go to the Atacama Salt Flat, the largest salt flat in Chile and the third one in the world. There, we will walk through the trails of the Chaxa Lagoon, habitat of the three flamingo species present in Chile: Andean, Chilean and James.
The trip goes on to the Altiplano, where we will visit the Altiplanic Lagoons, called Miscanti Lagoon and Miñiques Lagoon, placed at the foot of volcanoes and the Andes. Their unique color-scheme of intense blue and the company of beautiful vicunas, create a magic natural scenery. Finally, we will visit Socaire town, kown for its pre-Hispanic farming terraces.
*The tour time is from 6:00 am to 1:30 pm until August 13, and from 6:30 am to 2:00 pm from August 14.
*The order of the visiting places is subject to changes the same day of the tour.