- Price for Thunder Pass Trek (4 days): CLP$ 1,400,000 per person.
*Tour confirmed with a minimum of two people.
- Pickup and drop off at the hotel in Puerto Natales.
- Shared round trip transportation by vehicle to the boarding place in Puerto Natales.
- Round trip navigation by barge between Puerto Natales and Antonio Varas Peninsula.
- Fast boat navigation to the end of the Resi Fjord.
- Navigation to the Bernal Glacier.
- 1st night in Resi Campsite (double shared tent).
- 2nd night in Kiara Glacier Campsite (double shared tent).
- 3rd night in Explorador Floating Refugio (shared room).
- Lunch or box lunch.
- Camping equipment.
- Sleeping pad.
- Dry bag.
- Porter service for the routes between campsites, and to the floating refugio (5 kg per person maximum).
- Bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- Any service not specified in the program.
- Health insurance.
- Tips (optional).
- Choose the departure date in the calendar.
- Choose the number of people.
- Click in "Add to cart".
- Pay online the total price of the program.
- Once paid, the booking is subject to confirmation according to availability. If you want to check the availability before making the payment, write us at email@example.com.
- 20 to 25 liters backpack for during the day walks.
- Waterproof jacket and pants (Gore-Tex or similar).
- Polar warm clothes (Polartec or similar).
- Thermal clothes (first layer).
- Short and long sleeved shirts.
- Trek shoes.
- Extra batteries.
- Hat and gloves for the cold.
- Cap to protect yourself from the sun.
- Ziploc bags or similar (to store your garbage).
- Trek poles.
- Minimum age required of 16 years old to make the activity.
- Not allowed for pregnant women.
Beginning: Day 1 at 10:00 am at your hotel in Puerto Natales.
End: Day 4 at 3:00 pm at your hotel in Puerto Natales.
Day 1: Puerto Natales – Resi Campsite (4 km trek, 2 hours). We will pick you up at your hotel to go to the port where we will board the barge that will take us to the Antonio Varas Peninsula, through the Señoret Channel. After that, we will take a vehicle to go for 1 hour to our next boarding point. Before boarding, we will have our lunch to get with energy to the end of the navigation, the Resi Fjord. Here, the Resi Campsite will be waiting for us, formed by the expedition tents and a dining dome, acting like refugio and common space while we stay there. After dinner, we will rest for the next day.
Day 2: Thunder Pass – Kiara Campsite (16 km trek, 8 hours). We will have breakfast early in the morning to begin the 8 km trek through the woods with evergreen trees, lagoons, waterfalls and rocks. After 4 hours of walking, we will reach the Thunder Lagoon, surrounded of rock walls that give the impression of being in an amphitheater. We will climb by the formations created for a glacier long gone to cross the Mountains Channel. We will make a pause for lunch, and we will have time to see the tops of the glaciers that we will be able to see from the pass. We will continue walking by the Patagonian landscapes to reach the campsite in front of the Kiara Glacier, from where you can hear the ice detachments from the other side of the fjord. We will have dinner and rest in our tents.
Day 3: Glaciers of the Mountains Channel (9 km trek, 7 hours). As usual in this kind of activities, we will begin the day with our breakfast, to go walking towards the northern part of the fjord. We will go over 5 km for rocks and woods, to reach the beach with a glacier as background, after 2 hours. Here we will go up for 300 m to the viewpoint of the Mountains Channel, and we will see the Alsina and Paredes Glaciers. In this viewpoint, we will eat our box lunch, and then go down by the same way to the beach, where we will board the West Patagonia boat and go to the Bernal Glacier. We will disembark to walk close to it, through a track that crosses the lake, being possible to touch the glacier. After this visit, we will go back to navigate to Los Huiros Bay, where the Explorador Floating Refugio is located, place where we will enjoy a hot shower and the farewell dinner.
Day 4: Alacalufes Track – Puerto Natales (1.5 km trek, 1 hour). After breakfast, we will make a hike by Los Huiros Bay to reach the Buena Vista viewpoint, from where we will have a panoramic view of the fjord, the mountains and the glaciers around the bay. In addition, we will identify the route that we will follow to return to Puerto Natales. After that, we will walk by the Alacalufes Track used by the Kaweshkar to connect with the Mountains Channel. We will get to the Acantilados Lagoon, which we will cross by boat, to continue walking to the Resi Fjord. Here we will board a ship again to go back to the Antonio Varas Peninsula, and after lunch, we will continue our trip to Puerto Natales.
- The cancellation of this tour doesn’t have a 100% refund.
- If you cancel with 15 to 49 days in advance, we will refund 50% of what you paid for the booking.
- If you cancel with less than 15 days in advance, we won’t refund any percentage of what you paid for the booking.
- Because of weather conditions, the activity might have an itinerary modification or it could be cancelled:
- If the journey is not made at all: 100% refund.
- If only the crossing to the Antonio Varas Peninsula is made: 90% refund.
- If only part of the navigation to the Resi Fjord is made: 80% refund.
- If we return in a previous date, before the programmed end of the activity: US$ 300 per missing day.