There is high demand for this tour and there are limited spots available. Spots for some dates run out with months in advance, so we recommend planning your trip as far in advance as possible.
Program based on double occupancy for seaon 2020-2021:
- For Chileans and foreign residents in Chile: CLP$ 780,000 per person.
- For non-resident international visitors: US$ 1,340 per person.
- Single: In case your booking is for one person, three or five people, the full price will include a supplement of CLP$ 39,000/US$ 65.
- Christmas and New Year: In case your booking considers the night of December 24th or 31st in the program, the price per person will include a supplement of CLP$ 18,000/US$ 30.
- Select the departure date from the calendar.
- Select the number of people.
- Click on "Add to cart".
- Pay the full price of the tour online.
- Round-trip transport by bus from Puerto Natales to the Torres del Paine National Park.
- Connecting shuttle from the reception of Amarga Lagoon to the Welcome Center.
- Catamaran from the Pehoé Area to Pudeto.
- Accommodations in campsite, in shared tents (include site, tent, sleeping bag and sleeping pad):
- 1st night in Torre Central camping.
- 2nd night in El Chileno camping (or Torre Central Campsite, depending on availability).
- 3rd night in Los Cuernos camping (or Francés Campsite, depending on availability).
- 4th night in Paine Grande camping.
- Breakfast (coffee, tea, milk, bread, eggs, jam, juice, and fruit).
- Box lunch (cold sandwich, cereal bar, chocolate bar, dried fruits, and fruit).
- Dinner (menu of the day with first and second course, dessert, and fruit).
- Stainless steel bottle.
- Bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- Entrance ticket to the Torres del Paine National Park.
- Porter (from CLP$ 123,000/US$ 205 per day, per every 15 kg or 33 lb).
- Additional activities.
- Health insurance.
- Medical care in case of an accident.
- Evacuation assistance because of bad weather or reasons of force majeure.
- Travel insurance that covers accidents and cancellations because of reasons of force majeure.
- Tips (optional).
- A 40-liter backpack to bring all the things you will use during the circuit .
- A 25-liter backpack for full day treks to the Base of Torres del Paine and French Valley (you can leave your big backpack in El Chileno and Italiano camps, and then pick it up on the way back).
- Waterproof jacket and pants (Gore-Tex or similar).
- Fleece clothing (Polartec or similar).
- Thermal clothing (base layer).
- Short and long-sleeved t-shirts.
- Hiking shoes.
- Plenty of batteries (there are no electrical sockets to charge batteries).
- Flip-flops (for showers and resting).
- Winter hat and gloves for the cold.
- Cap to protect yourself from the sun.
- Ziploc bags (to store garbage).
- Trekking poles.
- Travel insurance that covers accidents and cancellations because of reasons of force majeure.
- Not allowed for pregnant women.
Start: Day 1 at 2:30 am in the Puerto Natales Bus Station.
End: Day 5 at 10:00 pm in the Puerto Natales Bus Station.
Day 1: Transport to the Torres del Paine National Park. We will leave our meeting point at 2:30 pm, go to the park in a two and a half hours trip. In the afternoon we will arrive at the Torre Central camping, place where we will have our dinner and be able to rest for the next day, and make this guided alternative of the Classic W Circuit.
Day 2: Las Torres Base Trek (19.5 km or 12.1 miles, 8 to 10 hours). Early in the morning, after breakfast, we will begin the trek towards the Las Torres Base lookout. We will have views of the Almirante Nieto Mountain while we walk by the pampa until crossing the Asencio River, so then we go to the Vientos Pass. Here we will have privileged amazing views of the road that we just walked, and the surrounding rivers. After that, we will continue to the Refugio El Chileno, from where we will enter to a Patagonian forest, in which we will identify different vegetable and animal species. When we get to the moraine, we will begin the most difficult part of the day, because we will have to climb by a rocky track to reach the lookout point. In the Base, besides enjoying the view of the Torres del Paine, if the weather allows it, we will have time for resting and having lunch, before returning to our accommodations.
Day 3: El Chileno Camping – Los Cuernos Camping (13.5 km or 8.3 miles, 5 to 7 hours). This day will be less demanding that the day before, because the gap travelled is significantly lower. We will follow the route by the northern side of the Nordenskjöld Lake, with another perspective of the Almirante Nieto Mountain, and amazing views of the lake. While we move forward, we will have the explanations of our guide about the flora and fauna, besides the information about glaciers and the lake itself. The accommodations will be in the Los Cuernos or Francés camping.
Day 4: Francés Valley Trek (20.5 km or 12.7 miles, 8 to 10 hours). During this day, we will have access to what is considered as one of the best views of the Torres del Paine National Park. We will go over the Francés Valley, beginning a trek until reaching the Italiano Campsite. From this place, we will go up in the middle of a Patagonian forest until reaching the Francés Lookout that gives us overwhelming images of the circuit that we just have made. From this place, we will see the mountains around the valley and we can continue to the Británico Lookout. In our way back, we will pass again by the Campamento Italiano, and go to the Paine Grande camping, where we will spend our last night of tour.
Day 5: Grey Lake Area – Puerto Natales (22 km or 13.6 miles, 8 to 10 hours). We will leave very early, so we can get as close as possible to the Grey Glacier. We will walk by the side of the Grey Lake, passing by the first lookout, so we can reach the Refugio Grey, from where we can have close views of the glacier and the icebergs. After that, we will go back by the same path to the Refugio Paine Grande, to board the 6:30 pm catamaran, in which we will cross the Pehoé Lake and have views of the Paine Grande Mountain and the Cuernos del Paine from the water, before reaching Pudeto, where we will take the transport back to Puerto Natales.
- You will be able to reschedule without any cost or cancel with full refund until 31 days before the beginning of the program. After that period, it will not be possible to make changes or cancellations.
- There will be no refund because of road closures, natural disasters or any other case of force majeure produced before or during the program that make impossible making part or the whole program. In case one or several of these things happen, the local supplier will give a letter to be presented with the insurance company of the traveler, so we recommend taking out insurance for this.
How far in advance should I book the program?
The W and O circuits are high demanded and its spaces are limited, having dates in which we are running out of spaces with months in advance. Because of that, our recommendation is to book your space in advance as early as possible.
What is the difference between a program with accommodation in refugios and a program with accommodation in camping?
In a progam with accommodation in refugios you will sleep in a shared room (bunks) with shared bathroom (hot shower), while in a program with accommodation in camping you will sleep in a private double tent (includes sleeping bag and sleeping pad), with shared bathroom (hot shower). It is important to note that, for this second form of accommodation, the tent will be set up in every one of the accommodation places, in other words, you will not need to transport, set up nor dismantle the tent.
What is the difference between a guided program and a self-guided program?
With a guided program you will be making the circuit in the company of a professional guide, who will give you support to achieve a good physical performance during the trek, and will give you information about the different places that you will visit along the circuit. On the other hand, with a self-guided program you will be doing the trek alone and in a independent way, walking by the tracks of the park. This second form is possible because all the tracks of the park are properly marked, and because before beginning the program, you will have a briefing of it and you will receive a map with all the details.
Can children make the W Circuit?
The minimum age required for this kind of activities is 14 years old. Remember that this is a trek of several days, with a medium/high physical demand, so it is important having experience in long walks and under hard conditions.
It is necessary to bring water to make the circuit?
No, it is not necessary to bring water from Puerto Natales, because there are available sources along the way, whether it be in the refugios and camping, or natural water sources during the trek.
Is there WiFi and sockets in the refugios?
Yes. The WiFi service in the refugios is not included in the program's price, but you can pay for it directly in every refugio. Depending on the speed and time, its price goes from US$ 4 per 30 minutes. On the other hand, the sockets to charge electronic devices are available in the common areas of the refugios. Because the number of sockets is limited, our recommendation is to bring charged power banks as well.
Can I leave part of my luggage in Puerto Natales while I make the circuit?
Yes. You can leave all the luggage that you will not be using to make the circuit in the left-luggage service in the Puerto Natales Bus Station. This service costs CLP$ 2,000 per bag, per day.
Which are the transport options to get to Puerto Natales from Punta Arenas and El Calafate?
The companies Bus-Sur, Buses Pacheco, and Buses Fernández offer the transport service by regular bus from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales, while the companies Bus-Sur, Turismo Zaahj, and Cootra make the transport service by regular bus from El Calafate to Puerto Natales. To check the prices, availability, and frequency of these services you have to check the information published in the websites of the informed companies.
More doubts? Send us your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org and we are going to solve them as soon as possible.