- Price per person:
- CLP$ 59.000 per person.
- 9:00 am to 11:30 am, 2:00 pm to 4:30 pm and 5:00 pm to 7:30 pm.
- 2 hours and a half.
- Bilingual guide (Spanish and English) and equipment.
- Not included:
- Travel insurance (recommended).
- Meeting Point:
- Bigfoot Base Camp (located inside the Torres del Paine National Park, at 130 km or 80.7 miles from Puerto Natales).
- What to bring:
- Sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Not allowed for people under 18 years old.
- Weather :
- Subject to weather conditions.
- Minimum of passengers:
- departure from 2 passengers.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 11 days.
- CLP$ 59.000 per person.
- For those who spend the night before inside the park: 9:00 am to 11:30 am, 2:00 pm to 4:30 pm, and 5:00 pm to 7:30 pm.
- For those who get there in the Grey III Navigation, see detail in FAQs.
For this activity we will meet in the Bigfoot Base Camp at the starting time, located at Grey Lake northwest coast. We will begin with a brief introductory talk, in which our guide will explain us the route and the activity times, and then he will give us the complete kayak equipment (wetsuit, jacket and waterproof boots, kayak gloves, kayak skirt, kayak vest and life vest).
Once equipped, we will row around big floating ice floes, and then we will go to the east arm of the Grey Glacier, getting close to giant ice walls. In this area, we will gaze and enjoy a spectacular scenario, while our guide offers us a snack and a hot beverage. If the weather conditions allow it, we will pass by the spectacular Nunatak Island in our way back to the Bigfoot Base Camp.
Where is located and how can I get ot the Bigfoot Base Camp?
This activity starts from the Bigfoot Base Camp, located at the northwest coast of the Grey Lake. You can get to this meeting point only by walking (that is to say, making the W or O Circuit of the Torres del Paine) or taking the Grey III Navigation starting from the Hotel Lago Grey.
Which departure of the Grey III Navigation should I consider to be able to make this activity?
To make the activity you have to take the first Grey III Navigation (one way ticket form the Hotel Lago Grey to the Refugio Grey) and go back with the third Grey III Navigation (one way ticket from the Refugio Grey to the Hotel Lago Grey).
How much does it cost, what is the availability and how do you book the Grey III Navigation?
You can check prices, ask for the availability and book the navigation in Hotel Lago Grey web site.
Is it possible to re-enter the park with the same ticket on different days?
There is a ticket with a validity of 1 day, and another with a validity of 3 days. If you know that you will re-enter the park more than once in consecutive days, we recommend you buying the 3-days ticket.
More doubts? Send us your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org and we are going to solve them as soon as possible.