- Price per person:
- CLP$ 104.500 per person.
- 8:00 am to 1:00 pm and 2:30 pm to 7:30 pm.
- 5 hours.
- Bilingual guide (Spanish and English) and equipment.
- Not included:
- Travel insurance with health-care coverage.
- Meeting Point:
- Bigfoot Base Camp (located inside the Torres del Paine National Park, at 130 km or 80.7 miles from Puerto Natales).
- What to bring:
- Warm clothing, waterproof clothing, trekking shoes, sunscreen and water.
- Minimum age required of 18 years old.
- Weather :
- Subject to weather conditions.
- Minimum of passengers:
- departure from 2 passengers.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 11 days.
- Until April 30, 2019: CLP$ 104,500 per person.
- From October 1, 2019 to April 30, 2020: CLP$ 106,900 per person.
For this activity we will meet in the Bigfoot Base Camp at the starting time, located at Grey Lake northwest coast. We will begin with a brief introductory talk, in which our guide will explain us the route and the activity times, and then he will give us the complete equipment (ice ax, crampons, harness and helmet).
Once equipped, we will sail for 15 minutes in a Zodiac boat to the Nunatak Island, located in the west arm of the Grey Glacier. Once there, we will begin a 1 hour hike to reach the glacier from a safe point. Then, we will begin the eagerly awaited journey. We will walk for 2 hours and a half, watching a unique landscape, with cracks, rivers, lagoons and even tunnels of different white and blue colors. Once the hike is ended, we will go back to the Bigfoot Base Camp in the Zodiac boat.
Where is located and how can I get ot the Bigfoot Base Camp?
This activity starts from the Bigfoot Base Camp, located at the northwest coast of the Grey Lake. You can get to this meeting point only by walking (that is to say, making the W or O Circuit of the Torres del Paine) or taking the Grey III Navigation starting from the Hotel Lago Grey.
Is it posible to make the activity in only one day taking the Grey III Navigation?
No, it is not. The only way of combine this activity with the Grey III Navigation is making the one way navigation on one day, sleeping that night in the Refugio Grey, and going back in the one way navigation the next day, bearing in mind the times of the activity and the navigation.
How much does it cost, what is the availability and how do you book the Grey III Navigation?
You can check prices, ask for the availability and book the navigation in Hotel Lago Grey web site.
More doubts? Send us your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org and we are going to solve them as soon as possible.