- Price per person:
- CLP$ 104.500 per person.
- 8:00 am to 1:00 pm and 2:30 pm to 7:30 pm.
- 5 hours.
- Navigation, bilingual guide (Spanish and English) and equipment.
- Meeting Point:
- Bigfoot Base Camp, Torres del Paine National Park.
- What to bring:
- Warm clothing, waterproof clothing, trekking shoes, sunscreen and water.
- Minimum age required of 18 years old.
- Weather :
- Subject to weather conditions.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 11 days.
For this activity we will meet in the Bigfoot Base Camp at the starting time, located at Grey Lake northwest coast. We will begin with a brief introductory talk, in which our guide will explain us the route and the activity times, and then he will give us the complete equipment (ice ax, crampons, harness and helmet).
Once equipped, we will sail for 15 minutes in a Zodiac boat to the Nunatak Island, located in the west arm of the Grey Glacier. Once there, we will begin a 1 hour hike to reach the glacier from a safe point. Then, we will begin the eagerly awaited journey. We will walk for 2 hours and a half, watching a unique landscape, with cracks, rivers, lagoons and even tunnels of different white and blue colors. Once the hike is ended, we will go back to the Bigfoot Base Camp in the Zodiac boat.
*This activity is made in the northeast coast of the Grey Lake and it is thought for those who are making some trek circuit in the Torres del Paine National Park and can begin the service from the Bigfoot Base Camp.
*The time 08:00 and 14:30 are for the passengers in the Refugio Grey accommodation, while the 11:00 am time is for the passengers arriving in the Grey II vessel.