- Price per person:
- CLP$ 65.000 per person.
- 7:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- 13 hours.
- Pickup at the hotel, shared transport, bilingual guide (Spanish and English), box lunch and hiking poles.
- Not included:
- Entry ticket to Torres del Paine National Park (see details in the description of the activity).
- What to bring:
- Trekking clothing, trekking shoes, sunglasses, sunscreen, water, hat and gloves to protecto yourself from cold, long and short sleeved T-shirts, polar type warm clothes, waterproof jacket and pants, 25 liters backpack and hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Not allowed for pregnant women.
- Minimum age required of 15 years old.
- Not suitable for people with respiratory or circulatory problems.
- Not allowed for people with knee conditions.
- Not allowed for people with spine problems.
- Weather :
- Subject to weather conditions.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 48 hours.
We will leave Puerto Natales and head north towards the Torres del Paine National Park. After a 2-hour trip, we will reach the Estancia Torres del Paine, the starting point for our hike. First, our guide will give a short presentation, and then we will begin hiking on the trail that will take us to an old bridge that crosses the Asencio River. After a one-hour hike, we will arrive at the El Chileno Campsite shaded by a breathtaking lenga tree forest, crossing numerous springs cascading from the Almirante Nieto Mountain.
We will make a short stop and then continue on our way to the next lookout point at an altitude of 700 meters (2,297 ft.). From here, the trail will get steeper and a half an hour later we will reach the Las Torres Base from the eastern side of the lagoon. Here we will have a stunning view of the three towers (Central, Monzino, and Dagostini) and the Peineta and Nido de Cóndores Mountains. With this view as our backdrop, we will have some time to rest and eat our box lunch. We will return on the same trail until reaching the starting point, where we will go back to Puerto Natales by vehicle.
*Reaching the Las Torres Base lookout point depends on the physical conditions of the participants and current weather conditions. No refunds will be given in the event that a participant is not able to reach the lookout point due to the aforementioned reasons.
*The end time of this activity could be modified due to weather conditions, which is why we recommend purchasing your ticket to leave Puerto Natales at least three hours after the scheduled return time, or on the day after the tour.
*This activity includes pick-up and drop-off only at places of accommodation located within the urban area of Puerto Natales. It does not include pick-up nor drop off in places of accommodation located outside the urban area of Puerto Natales, which include Cabañas Joshen Aonken, Cabañas Kauken, Hotel Lago Grey, Hotel Las Torres, Hotel Llanuras de Diana, Hotel Río Serrano, Hostería Lago del Toro, Hostería Pehoé, Hotel del Paine, and Hostal El Puestero.
Entrance fees for Torres del Paine National Park
- Between May and September 2018:
- Chilean visitors: CLP$ 5,000 per person.
- Internacional visitors: CLP$ 13,000 per person.
- Between October 2018 and April 2019:
- Chilean visitors: CLP$ 6,000 per person.
- International visitors: CLP$ 21,000 per person.
- In what period of the year the trek is made?
The tour is made during the whole year, always subject to weather conditions.
What is the better time for the activity?
Although it can be made during the whole year, usually the weather stabilizes in the summer period (December to March), in which, besides having more hours of sunshine, there are also more sunny days. However, inside the national park there are microclimates that in some occasions could make impossible to see the towers.
- Which are the technical characteristics of the trek?
The difficulty level of this trek is medium-high. The total distance that you will have to walk is 20 kilometers in a round trip tour. The total duration of the trek is 8 hours, always subject to the physical conditions of the group and the weather conditions. The total height of the track is 680 meters, between the 170 meters above sea level from the beginning point of the hike, and the 850 meters above sea level of the Base Las Torres Viewpoint, having a lot of ascents and descents.
- What does the box lunch include?
The box lunch has a cold sandwich of ham and cheese or salami and cheese, with salted cookies, cereal bar, fruits, chocolate, yoghurt, juice and water.
- Is there a vegetarian box lunch option for lunch?
Yes. In case you want a vegetarian box lunch, you must ask for it at email@example.com once the booking is already made.
More doubts? Send us your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org and we are going to solve them as soon as possible.