Snowcapped Mount Pisco Climb (3 days)
If you cancel your booking until 3 days before the beginning of the activity, we will refund 100% of the advance you paid for the booking.
You can reschedule your booking without any additional cost until 3 days before the beginning of the activiity.
Ascent of medium technical difficulty with incredible landscapes, reaching up to an altitude of 18,865 feet.
- 1 to 6 people: US$ 299 per person.
- Shared transport.
- October through April: shared double tent.
- May through September: refuge with shared room.
- Breakfast (except on the first day).
- Lunch (except on the last day).
- Dinner (except on the last day).
- Driver for the pack animals.
- Donkeys to carry camping gear, food, and mountain gear.
- Insulated sleeping pad.
- Mountain guide (Spanish).
- Entrance fee to the Huascarán National Park (S/ 65 per person).
- Porter to carry camping gear, food, and mountain gear.
- Sleeping bag.
- Tips (optional).
*Remember that for this activity you have to carry the equipment and kitchen utensils, because there are no porters.
What to Bring
- 40- to 70-liter backpack you will carry for 3 days.
- Rain jacket and pants (Gore-Tex or similar).
- Fleece clothing to stay warm (Polartec or similar).
- Thermal underwear (base layer).
- Short- and long-sleeved t-shirts.
- Waterproof mountain boots (must cover the ankle).
- Enough batteries (there is no power to charge devices along the way).
- Beach sandals (for showering, relaxing, and crossing rivers if necessary).
- Hat and gloves for the cold.
- Hat to protect against the sun.
- Personal first-aid kit.
- Water bottle (Nalgene or similar).
- Personal hygiene items.
- Ziploc bags or similar (to keep garbage).
- Dry bags or garbage bags (to wrap up your clothes and prevent them from getting wet if it rains).
- Trekking poles.
- Sleeping bag (-15 °C (5 °F) temperature rating comfort limit recommended).
Start: 6:00 am from your hotel in Huaraz.
End: 4:00 pm in downtown Huaraz.
Day 1: Huaraz – Cebollapampa – Pisco Base Camp (3 hours of trekking).
We will pick you up at your hotel to depart the city of Huaraz towards the north. We will take the Huaylas passage, passing through the city of Yungay and Lake Chinancocha until reaching Cebollapampa at an altitude of 3,900 meters (12,795 feet). From here, we will start the trek to the Mount Pisco base camp located at an altitude of 4,665 meters (15,305 feet). We will rest here and eat dinner.
Day 2: Pisco Base Camp – Mount Pisco – Pisco Base Camp (11 hours of ascent and descent).
We will get up at 1:00 in the morning to eat breakfast and get the climbing gear. We will pass through a moraine over a period of 3 hours and then enter the glacier that is along this route. This second part of the hike lasts 4 hours until reaching the peak of Mount Pisco at dawn. If the weather and cloud conditions permit, from the top we will get a panoramic view of over 10 mountains, including Mt. Huascarán at an altitude of 6,768 meters (22,205 feet). After resting a bit and enjoying the view, we will return to the Mount Pisco base camp to sleep.
Day 3: Pisco Base Camp – Cebollapampa – Huaraz (3 hours of trekking).
After eating breakfast, we will pack up camp to start the return hike to Cebollapampa. The vehicle will be awaiting us here to take us back to the city of Huaraz to end the activity.
- You will be able to reschedule without any cost or cancel with full refund until 72 hours before the beginning of the program. After that period, it will not be possible to make changes or cancellations.