- Price per person:
- S/ 269.00 per person.
- 4:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- 13 hours.
- Pickup at the hotel (urban area), shared transport, spanish guide, box lunch, piolet and crampons.
- Not included:
- Hiking poles nor travel insurance (recommended).
- What to bring:
- Warm clothing, waterproof clothing, hat to protect against the sun, sunglasses, sunscreen, snack, water, 25-liter backpack for the walking during the day, winter hat and gloves for the cold and hiking shoes.
- Minimum of passengers:
- departure from 2 passengers.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 48 hours.
- Low season, Novemer through April:
- 1 to 6 people: S/ 269 per person.
- High season, May through October:
- 1 to 6 people: S/ 299 per person.
We will pick you up very early at your hotel, so we recommend you make plans the night before to have something ready to eat in the morning, or ask for a box lunch for breakfast. We will embark upon a 3-hour trip to a place called Punta Olímpica, in the Ulta Valley. Here, at an altitude of 4,750 meters (15,584 feet), we will receive some instructions about the trail, and begin an upward climb over rocky terrain.
After the first section on the rocky terraces, we will put on our crampons and ropes to go up the last section of the glacier to the peak of Mount Mateo, at an altitude of 5,180 meters (16,995 feet). We will stay here for 30 minutes, depending on the weather conditions and the amount of people who are summiting at the moment. From this spot, we will see different mountains, such as the Ulta and Huascarán, and some surrounding lakes. We will also have time to rest and eat something.
After this, we will start the descent via the same path we came up, until arriving at our vehicle to drop off our equipment and make a short visit to Lake Cancaracá. After this, we will return to Huaraz.
*Not recommended for people who suffer from vertigo.