- Water from the second day on.
- Hotel pick up (just city area).
- General first-aid kit.
- Camping equipment (shared double tent, sleeping bag and sleeping pad).
- Cooking equipment.
- Donkeys for luggage carriage (5 kg or 11 lb. per person).
- Shared transportation.
- Portable toilet.
- Entry ticket to the Huascarán National Park (S/. 65).
- Bathroom with shower.
What to bring
- A 40 to 70 liter backpack for all the circuit.
- Waterproof jacket and pants (Gore-Tex of similar).
- Polar warm clothes (Polartec or similar).
- Thermal clothing (first layer).
- Short and long sleeved T-shirts.
- Trekking shoes.
- Enough batteries (there is no energy to charge electronic devices in te road).
- Flip-flops (for showers, rest and river crossing, it it were necessary).
- Winter hat and gloves for cold temperatures.
- Cap to protect yourself from the sun.
- Sun block.
- Personal first-aid kit.
- Water bottle (Nalgene or similar).
- Ziploc bags or similar (to store the garbage).
- Hiking poles.
- Sleeping bag.
How to book
- Choose the departure date in the calendar.
- Choose the number of people.
- Click in "Add to cart."
- Pay online the total price of the program.
- Once payed, the booking is subjected to confirmation according to the availability. If you want to check the availability before paying, write us to email@example.com.
- If you cancel your booking until 15 days before the beginning of the activity, we will refund 30% of the total price.
Let's traverse the heights with this Santa Cruz trek of 4 days, which will allow us to pass by various places in the mountain range that will show us how diverse is the landscape above 2000 m high.
Day 1: Huaraz – Caraz – Cashapampa – Llamacorral (9 km or 5.5 miles walk)
- We will leave Huaraz at 7:00 heading to the north.
- In our way we will visit the city of Caraz, at 2,100 m high.
- Also, we will pass by Cashapampa, at 2,900 m high, from where we will begin our trek.
- It will be a 4 hours hike that will allow us to see typical vegetation of the area until we get to the Llamacorral Ccamp, at 3,760 m high.
Day 2: Llamacorral – Arhuaycocha Lagoon – Taullipampa (12 km or 7.4 miles walk)
- After breaking camp, we will begin the route of the day.
- We will make a 7 hours trek by the Hatuncocha and Arhuaycocha lagoons, at 4,450 m high.
- Also, we will pass by the Alpamayo Base Camp, and then go to the Taullipampa Camp.
Day 3: Taullipampa – Punta Unión Pass – Cachinapampa (12 km or 7.4 miles walk)
- We will begin a hike to the highest point of the route: Punta Unión, at 4,750 m high.
- From this place and along the route we will be able to watch almost all the mountains that form the range like Santa Cruz, Taulliraju, Artesonraju and Pucahircas.
- After 4 hours we will arrive at the Cachinapampa Camp, at 3,700 m high, to rest and spend the last night.
Day 4: Cachinapampa – Vaquería – Huaraz (9 km or 5.5 miles walk)
- The day begins with a hike to the town of Huaripampa.
- From this place we will go up to Vaquería, at 3,700 m high.
- We will take the bus that will pass by the Llanganuco Valley and the Chinacocha and Orconcocha lagoons, before arriving at Huaraz and ending the activity at 3:00 pm.