- Price for Quilcayhuanca to Cojup Trek (3 days): US$ 130 per person.
- Hotel pick up (just city area).
- General first-aid kit.
- Sleeping pads.
- Cooking equipment.
- Shared transportation.
- Portable toilet.
- Entrance ticket for 2 and 3 days to the Huascarán National Park:
- International visitors: S/. 60 per person.
- Peruvians: S/. 30 per person.
- Children (5 to 16 years): S/. 15 per person.
- Bathroom with shower.
- Sleeping bag.
- Health insurance.
What to bring
- A 40 to 70 liter backpack for all the circuit.
- Waterproof jacket and pants (Gore-Tex of similar).
- Polar warm clothes (Polartec or similar).
- Thermal clothing (first layer).
- Short and long sleeved T-shirts.
- Trekking shoes.
- Enough batteries (there is no energy to charge electronic devices in te road).
- Flip-flops (for showers, rest and river crossing, it it were necessary).
- Winter hat and gloves for cold temperatures.
- Cap to protect yourself from the sun.
- Sun block.
- Personal first-aid kit.
- Water bottle (Nalgene or similar).
- Ziploc bags or similar (to store the garbage).
- Hiking poles.
- Sleeping bag.
How to book
- Select the departure date from the calendar.
- Select the number of people.
- Click on "Add to cart".
- Pay the full price of the tour online.
Let's traverse the canyons around Huaraz with this Quilcayhuanca to Cojup trek of 3 days, which will take us through various landscapes that include lagoons and views of the mountains.
Day 1: Huaraz – Portada de Quilcayhuanca – Cuchillacocha Lagoon
- The journey will begin leaving Huaraz at 07:00.
- We will be heading to the east, to Pitec, Portada de Quilcayhuanca, at 3,850 m high.
- In this place we will begin our trek by the canyon, seeing typical vegetation of the place, the mountains and the Tullpacocha Lagoon.
- After a 5 hours trek, we will arrive at our camp in the Cuchillacocha Lagoon, at 4,600 m high, place where we will spend the night.
Day 2: Cuchillacocha Lagoon – Huapy Pass – Palcacocha Lagoon
- After breaking camp, we will begin the hike towards the Huapy Pass.
- We will have a beautiful view of the higher mountains, like the Ranrapalca, Tullparaju, Palcaraju and Huantsán before reaching the 5,000 m high of the Huapy Pass.
- Then, we will begin the descent, watching the thaws that form waterfalls and rivers.
- After a 6 hours trek, we will reach the Palcacocha Lagoon, at 4,560 m high, were we will camp.
Day 3: Palcacocha Lagoon – Portada de Cojup – Huaraz
- We will begin a 4 hours descending trek.
- We will arrive at the Cojup Canyon and have time to rest and take pictures.
- Then, we will return to Huaraz.