- Hotel pick up (just city area).
- General first-aid kit.
- Sleeping pads.
- Cooking equipment.
- Shared transportation.
- Payment for camp in Cordillera Huayhuash (S/. 70).
- Sleeping bag.
What to bring
- A 40 to 70 liter backpack for all the circuit.
- Waterproof jacket and pants (Gore-Tex of similar).
- Polar warm clothes (Polartec or similar).
- Thermal clothing (first layer).
- Short and long sleeved T-shirts.
- Trekking shoes.
- Enough batteries (there is no energy to charge electronic devices in te road).
- Flip-flops (for showers, rest and river crossing, it it were necessary).
- Winter hat and gloves for cold temperatures.
- Cap to protect yourself from the sun.
- Sun block.
- Personal first-aid kit.
- Water bottle (Nalgene or similar).
- Ziploc bags or similar (to store the garbage).
- Hiking poles.
- Sleeping bag.
How to book
- Choose the departure date in the calendar.
- Choose the number of people.
- Click in "Add to cart."
- Pay online the total price of the program.
- Once payed, the booking is subjected to confirmation according to the availability. If you want to check the availability before paying, write us to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you cancel your booking until 15 days before the beginning of the activity, we will refund 30% of the total price.
Let's visit the surroundings of south Huaraz with this Huayhuash trek of 4 days, which will allow you to see the landscapes and the natural wonders of the Andes Mountain Range.
Day 1: Huaraz – Chiquián – Llamac – Jahuacocha Lagoon
- We will leave Huaraz at 5:00 am to the south.
- We will visit the city of Chiquián, at 2,100 m high.
- Our next destination will be the town of Llamac, at 3,300 m high.
- From there we will begin the ascent to the Pampa Llamac Pass, from where we will have privileged views of the Yerupajá Mountain and the vegetation in the route.
- After a 5 hours trek, we will arrive at our camp in the Jahuacocha Lagoon, at 4,050 m high, place where we will spend the night.
Day 2: Jahuacocha Lagoon – Yaucha Pass – Jahuacocha Lagoon
- We will begin a hike by a track from where we will be able to watch a big part of the Cordillera Huayhuash.
- If we are lucky, we will see the flight of some condors, typical bird of the Andes.
- We will get to the Yaucha Pass, at 4,800 m high, where we will rest and take some pictures.
- From the heights we will see the Jahuacocha Lagoon and the Jirishanca.
- We will return to Jahuacocha Lagoon for our second night of camping.
Day 3: Jahuacocha Lagoon – Rondoy Punta Pass – Rondoy
- Breakfast and break camp.
- We will begin a 7 hours trek going around the Jahuacocha Lagoon, passing by the Solterococha.
- We will go up to the Rondoy Pass, at 4,750 m high, and see the majestic Yerupajá and the Jirishanca.
- Then, we will arrive at the camp of Rondoy for resting and seeing the sunset in the mountains.
Day 4: Rondoy – Llamac – Huaraz
- After breaking camp, we will begin a 4 hours descending trek.
- In the route we will visit the Santa Luisa Mining Camp and the Pocpa towns, until we get to Llamac.
- Return to Huaraz.