- Price for Alpamayo Mountain Climb (6 days): uS$ 1,800 per person.
- Hotel pick up (just city area).
- General first-aid kit.
- Shared double tent.
- Sleeping pads.
- Cooking equipment.
- Private transportation.
- Portable toilet.
- Mountain equipment.
- Entrance ticket tfor 4 to 30 days to the Huascarán National Park:
- International visitors: S/. 150 per person.
- Peruvians: S/. 75 per person.
- Children (5 to 16 years): S/. 35 per person.
- Porter to carry camping gear, food, and mountain gear.
- Bathroom with shower.
- Sleeping bag.
- Health insurance.
*Remember that for this activity you have to carry the equipment and kitchen utensils, because there are no porters.
What to bring
- A 40 to 70 liter backpack for all the circuit.
- Waterproof jacket and pants (Gore-Tex of similar).
- Polar warm clothes (Polartec or similar).
- Thermal clothing (first layer).
- Short and long sleeved T-shirts.
- Waterproof mountain boots (must cover the ankle).
- Technical mountain equipment (gaiters, harness, piolet and crampons).
- Enough batteries (there is no energy to charge electronic devices in te road).
- Flip-flops (for showers, rest and river crossing, it it were necessary).
- Winter hat an d gloves for cold temperatures.
- Cap to protect yourself from the sun.
- Sun block.
- Personal first-aid kit.
- Water bottle (Nalgene or similar).
- Ziploc bags or similar (to store the garbage).
- Hiking poles.
- Sleeping bag.
How to book
- Select the departure date from the calendar.
- Select the number of people.
- Click on "Add to cart".
- Pay the full price of the tour online.
Let's traverse the heights without removing our feet from the ground with this Alpamayo mountain climb of 6 days, which, in company of an expert guide, will give us access to spectacular views while we practice mountain climbing.
Day 1: Huaraz – Caraz – Cashapampa – Llamacoral
- We will leave Huaraz at 7:00 am.
- The route that we will follow is the one to the north of the Alley of Huaylas, until reaching Caraz, at 2,200 m high.
- Our next stop will be Cashapampa, at 2,900 m high.
- We will spend our first night in the Llamacoral Camp, at 3,760 m high.
Day 2: Llamacoral Camp – Base Camp
- Breakfast at 8:00 am.
- We will begin a 5 hours trek by the canyon, visiting the Jatuncocha Lagoon.
- Then, we will go up by a zigzag route to the Arhuaycocha Canyon.
- From there we will go to the Alpamayo Base Camp, at 4,300 m high.
- Dinner and rest.
Day 3: Base Camp – Camp One
- Breakfast at 6:00 am to begin the 8 hours ascent.
- Then, we will walk to the Moraine Camp, at 4,900 m high.
- From this place we will enter the glacier, where it will be necessary to use the climbing tools to reach the Alpamayo Camp One.
- In the Collado we will set up camp to watch the Alpamayo western wall, have dinner and rest.
Day 4: Camp One – Summit – Camp One
- This day begins at 1:00 am preparing the equipment.
- We will begin the climbing, getting closer to the wall and crossing the rimaye.
- Following the Francesa direct route of 500 m and 70 and 80°, we will advance by the wall close to the top until we get to the Alpamayo pyramid summit, at 5,947 m high.
- From there we will have spectacular views of lagoons and snow-capped mountains.
- After enjoying the landscape and recovering some energy, we will descend the wall by rappelling to return to Camp One.
- Dinner and rest after 14 hours of activity of the day.
Day 5: Camp One – Base Camp
- We will continue the descent with rappel and a 6 hours hike to the Alpamayo Base Camp.
- Here we will rest and have dinner.
Day 6: Base Camp – Cashapampa – Huaraz
- We will walk by the Arhuaycocha Valley, descending by the Santa Cruz Canyon to Cashapampa during 7 hours.
- From here the trip will be by bus to Huaraz.
- You will be able to reschedule without any cost or cancel with full refund until 10 days before the beginning of the program. After that period, it will not be possible to make changes or cancellations.