- Price per person:
- US$ 35.00 per person.
- 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
- 3 hours.
- Shared transport and bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- Not included:
- Pickup at the hotel (urban area) nor food.
- Meeting Point:
- Defensa 831, San Telmo, Buenos Aires.
- What to bring:
- Comfortable shoes and comfortable clothing.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 48 hours.
- Until December 31st, 2020:
- Adulto: US$ 35 per person in double occupancy.
- Children: US$ 17 per person in double occupancy.
- From January 1st to October 31st, 2021:
- Adulto: US$ 45 per person in double occupancy.
- Children: US$ 22 per person in double occupancy.
*Price for children valid until they are 12 years old.
We will meet at our meeting point in the San Telmo district, and we will start the Pope Francis Tour from this traditional spot in Buenos Aires. The first place we will visit will be the Flores district, where Jorge lived with his parents and siblings. Here we will visit the San José de Flores Basilica, where he decided at the age of 17 that he would become a priest. Then, we will go to the María Auxiliadora and San Carlos Basilica, where he was baptized.
After this, we will pass outside the San Lorenzo de Almagro Stadium, which is the football (soccer) club the Pope cheers for. Then, we will visit the San Ignacio de Loyola Church built by the Society of Jesus in 1675, an order of priests that Jorge Bergoglio belongs to. Lastly, we will go to the Metropolitan Cathedral of Buenos Aires located on a corner of the Plaza de Mayo. In this building that dates back to the 16th century, the then archbishop officiated over important masses and his followers also awaited the news of him being pronounced as Francis I.