- Price per person:
- US$ 33.00 per person.
- 10:30 am to 8:00 pm.
- 9 hours and a half.
- Shared transport, spanish speaking driver-guide and lunch.
- Not included:
- Pickup at the hotel (urban area), water, entry ticket to Incahuasi Island (30 bolivianos per person), health insurance nor wellies (needed in case of rain; Bs. 20 per person).
- What to bring:
- Comfortable shoes, warm hat, flip flops, sunglasses, sunscreen, water and comfortable clothing.
- Minimum age required of 7 years old.
- Not allowed for pregnant women.
- Weather :
- Subject to weather conditions.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 48 hours.
- Standard tour: US$ 33 per person.
- Private tour:
- Low season (April to December):
- 1 person: US$ 190.
- Group of 2 people: US$ 95 per person.
- Group of 3 people: US$ 64 per person.
- Group of 4 people: US$ 48 per person.
- Group of 5 people: US$ 38 per person.
- High season (January, February, and March):
- 1 person: US$ 219.
- Group of 2 people: US$ 110 per person.
- Group of 3 people: US$ 73 per person.
- Group of 4 people: US$ 55 per person.
- Group of 5 people: US$ 44 per person.
We will begin our tour in a 4x4 vehicle. This Uyuni Salt Flat Full Day tour will take us to the main tourist attractions of the area, one of the best known of the Bolivian Altiplano.
The first stop will be the Train Cemetery, very popular among those who visit Uyuni because it's a vestige of how prosperous the area was. After that, we will go to Colchani, where we will be able to see and buy craftwork, besides seeing how its elaboration process is.
Once on the salt flat, we will visit the Dakar Monument, the Salt Museum and the Incahuasi Island, in the middle of the salt flat. There, we will be able to walk to the top of the island and have a 360º view of the salt flat. In addition, we will be able to have a close view of the big cactuses that are in this limestone formation.
After this experience, we will have our lunch and we will get ready to see the sunset on the salt flat, a true wonder of nature. Then, we will go back to our vehicle to end the tour.
*During winter months (May to October), the end time (8:00 pm) could be reduced in about 30 minutes (7:30 pm) because of less hours of light.
During January to April, it takes place a weather phenomenon called Altiplano winter, rainy season in the Central Andes. Because of this, it is possible that the described itinerary suffers modifications and we will not visit the Incahuasi Island, due it is located at the center of the salt flat, place where there is more concentration of water during the rainy season.
Is it possible to make the tour the same day that I arrive at the city of Uyuni, whether it be by bus or plane?
Yes, as long as you be at the meeting point in time for the beginning of the tour. You must consider that the meeting point is a 5-minutes’ walk from the bus station of Uyuni and 10 minutes from the airport of Uyuni by car.
Is it possible to reschedule the departure date and/or hour of the tour in case the flight or bus in which I will be travelling be late?
There will be no rescheduling in case you cannot make it in time for the beginning of the tour. In case you do not show up at the time of the beginning of the tour, you will lose the deposit paid and, in case you want to make the tour in another date, you will have to make the booking again through our website.
Is it possible to go back to the city before the ending time of the tour?
No, it is not possible to go back before the ending time of the tour, so our recommendation is that, in case you want to take a bus towards another place in Bolivia the same day of the tour, buy your ticket with an after 9:00 pm departure.
Can I take the tour if I am staying in a hotel outside the city of Uyuni?
Yes, it is possible. For this, you have to coordinate a transportation from your Hotel to the meeting point in Uyuni, from where the tour begins. Remember that you have to be at the meeting point 10 minutes before the beginning of the activity, reason why you have to consider the transportation time to Uyuni's downtown:
- From Hotel Luna Salada: 40 minutes.
- From Hotel Palacio de Sal: 30 minutes.
- From Hotel Cristal Samaña: 30 minutes.
Is it possible to do the tour with a guide in another language?
Yes, but only in English and in private service. The English-speaking guide service has an additional cost of US$ 56 per group in high season (January, February and March), and US$ 80 per group in low season (from April to December), which must be paid after the booking, after asking for availability at email@example.com.
Is it possible that you pick me up at the bus station or in the airport to begin the tour?
No, we do not make pickups in the bus station nor the airport.
More doubts? Send us your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org and we are going to solve them as soon as possible.