- Price per person:
- US$ 33.00 per person.
- 10:30 am to 7:30 pm.
- 9 hours and a half.
- Shared transport, spanish speaking driver-guide and lunch.
- Not included:
- Pickup at the hotel, entry ticket to Incahuasi Island (30 bolivianos per person), health insurance nor wellies (needed in case of rain; Bs. 20 per person).
- What to bring:
- Comfortable shoes, warm hat, flip flops, sunglasses, sunscreen, water and comfortable clothing.
- Minimum age required of 7 years old.
- Not allowed for pregnant women.
- Weather :
- Subject to weather conditions.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 48 hours.
Let's traverse one of the main Altiplanic attractions with this Uyuni Salt Flat full day tour with which we will visit different important points around the town and we will live the adventure in a 4x4 for 6 people vehicle by this area, the largest in its kind.
- We will gather in our meeting point to begin our tour at the indicated time.
- After leaving the town of Uyuni, the first stop in the road will be the Train Cemetery, proof of how prosperous the area once was.
- Then, we will pass by the town of Colchani, where we will have access to the craftwork and see how the salt elaboration process is.
- Also, we will visit the salt piles and the salt eyes, before passing by the Playa Blanca Salt Hotel.
- After that, we will reach the Incahuasi Island (entry ticket not included), limestone formation that we will be able to traverse to see cacti and having great views of the salt flat.
- Then, we will have time for lunch.
- Finally, we will see the sunset in the salt flat before going back to the town of Uyuni at 8:00 pm.
*This itinerary is subject to change in case of rain during the Altiplanic winter (January to March), maybe changing the order of the places visited.
*During Winter months (May to October), the ending time (8:00 pm) could be reduced in half an hour (7:30 pm) because of the decrease of the light hours.
*If you are staying ina hotel outside the city of Uyuni, for example the Hotel Luna Salada, coordinate your transportation to the meeting point with anticipation, so you be there at least 10 minutes before the beginning of the tour.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to make the tour the same day that I arrive at the city of Uyuni, whether it be by bus or plane?
Yes, as long as you be at the meeting point in time for the beginning of the tour. You must consider that the meeting point is a 5-minutes’ walk from the bus station of Uyuni and 10 minutes from the airport of Uyuni by car.
Is it possible that you pick me up at the bus station to begin the tour?
No, we do not make pickups in the bus station.
Is it possible to reschedule the departure date and/or hour of the tour in case the flight or bus in which I will be travelling be late?
There will be no rescheduling in case you cannot make it in time for the beginning of the tour. In case you do not show up at the time of the beginning of the tour, you will lose the deposit paid and, in case you want to make the tour in another date, you will have to make the booking again through our website.
Is it possible to go back to the city before the ending time of the tour?
No, it is not possible to go back before the ending time of the tour, so our recommendation is that, in case you want to take a bus towards another place in Bolivia the same day of the tour, buy your ticket with an after 9:00 pm departure.
Is it possible that you pick me up at the airport to begin the tour?
Yes, as long as you pay the cost for this, 15 bolivianos per person. To coordinate the pickup, you have to write us an answer to the confirmation e-mail of your booking and indicate us your arrival flight information to Uyuni (airline, flight number and exact arrival time).
Can I take the tour if I am staying in a hotel outside the city of Uyuni?
Yes, it is possible. For this, you have to coordinate a transportation from your Hotel to the meeting point in Uyuni, from where the tour begins. Remember that you have to be at the meeting point 10 minutes before the beginning of the activity, reason why you have to consider the transportation time to Uyuni's downtown:
- From Hotel Luna Salada: 40 minutes.
- From Hotel Palacio de Sal: 30 minutes.
- From Hotel Cristal Samaña: 30 minutes.
More doubts? Send us your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org and we are going to solve them as soon as possible.