- 1 person: US$ 1,449 per person.
- Group of 2 people: US$ 699 per person.
- Group of 3 people: US$ 539 per person.
- Group of 4 people: US$ 499 per person.
- Group of 5 people: US$ 469 per person.
- Private transportation.
- Local spanish-speaking driver.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner).
- Sleeping bag.
- Accommodations in hotels:
- Three nights of accommodations in 3-stars hotels in a double or queen private room, a private bathroom, hot shower, and solar panels heating:
- 1st night in a hostel in Quetena, with shared room with no heat, with shared bathroom (cold shower).
- 2nd night in the Hotel Tayka Desierto (or simliar).
- 3rd night in the Hotel Tayka de Sal (or similar).
- Pickup at the hotel.
- Drinks at hotel meals.
- Entrance fees to parks (Bs. 186 per person).
- Entrance fee to the Eduardo Avaroa Andean Fauna National Reserve (Bs. 150 per person).
- Entrance fee to the Polques Hot Springs (Bs. 6 per person).
- Entrance fee to Incahuasi Island (Bs. 30 per person).
- Access to bathrooms along the way (approximately Bs. 6 each time).
- Travel insurance.
- Return to Tupiza in shared transportation: US$ 10 per person.
- Select the departure date from the calendar.
- Select the number of people.
- Click on "Add to cart".
- Pay the full price of the tour online.
- Comfortable and warm clothing.
- Comfortable shoes (ideally for hiking).
- Swimsuit and towel (for Polques Hot Springs).
- Toilet paper.
- Water (1 liter per person, for the first day. You can buy it on the road during the rest of the tour).
- Passport or ID card. If your a foreigner resident in Chile you should bring both to present them at customs.
- Bs. 350 for expenses not included on the tour (entrance fees, taxes, bathroom, water and souvenirs, among others).
- Minimum age of 7 required.
- Not recommended for people suffering high blood pressure, heart failure, asthma, or other similar ailments, for whom visiting places above 4,000 meters (13,123 ft.) of altitude may present a health risk (the tour is done mostly above 4,000 meters of altitude, even reaching 4,850 meters (15,912 ft.) of altitude one of the days of the tour).
- No allowed for pregnant women.
Start: day 1 at 7:30 am in the meeting point in Tupiza.
End: day 4 at 1:30 pm in downtown Uyuni.
Day 1: Tupiza – Quetena.
We will meet early at our meeting point in the city of Tupiza close to the border between Bolivia and Argentina. We will start the tour through the Bolivian Altiplano in our 4x4 vehicle and our first visit will be to the Palala Canyon, a very unique rocky formation whose appearance is the product of thousands of years of erosion. Then we will see “El Sillar,” where we will stop for a bit to look at the scenery and take pictures. We will pass through Nazarenito, a mining community, and then we will arrive at San Pablo de Lípez, a town located at an altitude of 4,250 meters (13,944 feet). Next, we will continue on to the town of Quetena, where we will spend our first night.
Day 2: Quetena – Tayka Desierto.
After eating breakfast early, we will continue the journey in our vehicle to visit the first lagoon we will encounter along the way: Kollpa Lagoon. We will be able to take some pictures before continuing on through the Chaiviri Salt Flat. Here, we will make a stop at the thermal springs we can enjoy for a moment before eating lunch. Then, we will continue on the route to Verde Lagoon located at an altitude of 4,250 meters (13,944 feet), at the foot of the Licancabur Volcano on the border between Bolivia and Chile. Afterwards, we will continue along the route that crosses through the Dalí Desert, where we will see different rocky formations of various colors. We will pass through the “Sol de Mañana” (Morning Sun) Geysers to then arrive to Tayka Desierto Hotel (or similar), where we will spend our second night.
Day 3: Tayka Desierto – Tayka de Sal.
After eating breakfast in the morning, just like on the previous day, we will visit the Colorada Lagoon, a flamingo nesting site. After this true spectacle, we will enter the Siloli Desert, where the famous “Stone Tree” is located. Once we make a short stop to take some pictures of the scenery, we will continue along the road that will take us past a number of Altiplano lagoons. The main one is Hedionda Lagoon, inhabited by flamingos and vicuñas, as well as the Andean fox, which we will get to see if we’re lucky. After this, we will go to the lookout point of the Ollagüe Volcano, from where we will be able to see the landscape of the Andes Cordillera. Then, we will cross through the salt flat of Chiguana and San Juan to reach the Tayka de Sal Hotel (or similar), where we will spend the third and last night.
Day 4: Tayka de Sal – Uyuni Salt Flat.
We will leave before sunrise very early in the morning to enter the Uyuni Salt Flat, the largest salt flat in the world. There is a white, salt carpet here as far as the eye can see, spreading out over a surface area of 12,000 km2 and located at 3,650 meters of altitude (11,975 feet). We will be able to see the sunrise and take breathtaking pictures while playing with the perspective. We will also visit Incahuasi Island in the middle of the salt flat, where we can get a 360° view of the immensity of the flat. After enjoying this moment, we will leave the salt flat and pass by Colchani, the village where salt is processed, and where we can buy some souvenirs, to then follow the road towards the city of Uyuni to end our tour.
- If you cancel with a 30-day notice before the beginning of the tour, we will make a full refund of what you paid for the booking.
- If you cancel with less than a 30-day notice before the beginning of the tour, we will not make any refund of what you paid for the booking.