Lost City Trek (5 days)
If you cancel your booking until 48 hours before the beginning of the activity, we will refund 100% of the advance you paid for the booking.
You can reschedule your booking without any additional cost until 48 hours before the beginning of the activiity.
The same Lost City Trek from Santa Marta, but adding an extra day on the way back, so you can walk slower. Transport, lodging and meals included.
- Price for Lost City Trek (5 days): COP$ 2.050.000 per person.
- Pickup in the hotel.
- Shared transport.
- Accommodations (in hammocks or beds with mosquito nets, according to availability):
- 1st night in Adán cabins.
- 2nd night in Paraíso cabins.
- 3rd night in Mumake cabins.
- 4th night in Adán cabins.
- Mules to carry the equipment and meals.
- Bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- Entrance fee to the park.
- Breakfast on day one.
- Mule carrying service for personal luggage.
- Alcoholic beverages.
How to book
- Select the departure date from the calendar.
- Select the number of people.
- Click on "Add to cart".
- Pay the full price of the tour online.
What to bring
- A 40-liter backpack to bring all the things you will use during the circuit
- Waterproof clothing or raincape, only between April and November
- Short and long-sleeved t-shirts
- Hiking shoes
- Plenty of batteries (there are no electrical sockets to charge batteries)
- Flip-flops (for showers and resting)
- Bathing suit
- Cap to protect yourself from the sun
- Ziploc bags (to store garbage)
- Trekking poles
- Mosquito repellent
- Cash money to buy water along the way
- Travel insurance that covers accidents and cancellations because of reasons of force majeure
- Minimum age required of 14 years to make the activity.
- Not allowed for pregnant women.
Departure: day 1 at 9:00 am in your hotel in Santa Marta.
End: day 4 at 5:00 pm in downtown Santa Marta.
Day 1: Santa Marta – Mamey - Adán Cabins or Alfredo Cabins (7.6 km-hike, 3 hours).
We will pick you up at your hotel to depart Santa Marta to head towards the town of Mamey. We will make a 3-hour trip in a 4x4 vehicle. Once in Mamey, we will have our lunch and then we will rest for a bit before beginning the 4-hour hike to the first campsite on the excursion. We will spend our first night here in hammocks or beds with mosquito nets.
Day 2: Adán Cabins – Mutanzi – Paraíso Cabins (15.7 km-hike, 6 hours).
We will get up early to eat breakfast and begin a trek to the indigenous village of Mutanzi. From here, we will hike for another 40 minutes to the place where we will have our lunch and where we will be able to rest for a short while. Then, we will continue hiking until reaching the next campsite, where we will spend our second night.
Day 3: Paraíso Cabins – Lost City – Mumake Cabins (7.6 km-hike, 5 hours).
We will get up early today to eat breakfast and start the one-hour hike to the Lost City. Here we will enjoy a 3-hour tour accompanied by a guide, who will explain to us the history of this place and its archaeological importance. After touring the archaeological site and taking some pictures, we will return to the campsite for lunch. Then, we will start a hike until reaching Mumake cabins, where we will spend our third night.
Day 4: Mumake Cabins – Adán Cabins or Alfredo Cabins (7.5 km-hike, 3 hours).
Just like on the previous days, we will start the day with breakfast and then pack up our stuff and start the day’s trek. It will take us 4 hours to get to the next campsite, and we will arrive there at lunchtime. In the afternoon, we will be able to go to a natural pool where we can swim, and also to a coffee farm. At night, we will have our last dinner with the group before going to sleep.
Day 5: Adán Cabins – Mamey – Santa Marta (7.5 km-hike, 3 hours).
After breakfast, we will leave the campsite on a 3-hour hike to the town of Mamey. We will have lunch here and then we will take our 4x4 vehicle back to Santa Marta to end the activity.
- If you cancel with a 7-day notice before the beginning of the tour, we will make a full refund.
- If you cancel with less than a 7-day notice before the beginning of the tour, the payment will not be refunded.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many people travel with one guide?
Every guide can manage maximum 8 people.
How difficult is this trekking?
Because it is a several days activity, in which you will be walking several miles a day with an important slope, it is a medium to hard hike, so you need to be prepared. Always before a trek it is important to make preparation hikes to know your body and your equipment.
How is the weather in the Tayrona Park?
From December to March is the dry season, while from April to November is the rainy season, being October the wettest month of the season. The temperature is stable during the whole year (minimum 25 °C o 77 °F and maximum 31 °C or 88 °F).
Which is the best time to make the Lost City Trek?
From December to March is the best time to make the trek, because it’s the dry season.
How much water do I have to bring?
You can bring a liter for the first day, because you can buy water, beer and Gatorade during the way. Remember bringing cash to buy these things.
Is there any recommended mosquito repellent?
Yes, we recommend you Nopikex, which you can find in any store in Santa Marta.
Is there any luggage carrying service?
You can add a mule carrying service for personal luggage for COP$ 500,000 to take four large bags or eight small bags.