- Price per person:
- CLP$ 55.000 per person.
- 7:30 am to 9:30 pm and 8:00 am to 9:30 pm.
- 14 hours.
- Pickup at the hotel, shared transport and bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- Not included:
- Lunch, entry ticket to park (CLP$ 12.000) nor entry ticket to the museum (CLP$ 1.000).
- What to bring:
- Warm clothing.
- Weather :
- Subject to weather conditions.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 48 hours.
Hotel pickup early in the morning to go towards the terminal in Tres Puentes and take the ferry to Tierra del Fuego Island, sailing by the Magellan Strait for 2 hours and 15 minutes until we arrive at Chilota Bay. From this last point, we will be heading to Porvenir, where we will have time for lunch and visit the Fernando Cordero Ruesque Museum (not included).
We will follow our way by land, boarding the Inútil Bay for 110 km until reaching the Pingüino Rey Park. There, we will stay for 1 hour to see these birds from a 15 meters distance. After that, we will go to the north to visit the Cerro Sombrero camp, where oil was discovered in the area. Then, we will go to Primera Angostura to board the ferry again and make a 20 minutes navigation by the Magellan Strait, and begin our return to Punta Arenas, passing by the Estancia San Gregorio, which facilities are from 1878 and today are abandoned. When we arrive in Punta Arenas, we will leave you in your accommodation.
- In what period of the year the tour is made?
The tour is made during the whole year, because the king penguins are there, in Tierra del Fuego, all year round.
- Which time of the year is it possible to see a bigger number of penguins?
The king penguins are settled in Tierra del Fuego, that is, they don't migrate to other places during the year. Therefore, the number of penguins that you might see does not vary according to the time of the year.
- How far can I see the penguins during the visit to the Pingüino Rey Park?
You can see the penguins from the tracks of the park, to a 15 meters distance, approximately.
- Why the tours are not made on Mondays?
The tour is not made on Mondays because the vessel in which we cross from Punta Arenas to Tierra del Fuego just operates from Tuesday to Sunday.
- Which kind of vessels are used for the navigations?
The crossing from Punta Arenas to Tierra del Fuego is made in the Pathagon ferry, a vessel with capacity for 380 people. Meanwhile, the Primera Angostura crossing is made in the Patagonia or Fueguino ferry, vessels with 250 or 184 people, respectively.
More doubts? Send us your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org and we are going to solve them as soon as possible.