- Price per person:
- CLP$ 74.000 per person.
- 6:30 am to 11:30 am.
- 5 hours.
- Navigation and bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- Not included:
- Pickup at the hotel (urban area), food nor travel insurance (recommended).
- Meeting Point:
- José Nogueira 1255, Punta Arenas.
- What to bring:
- Warm clothing, waterproof clothing, snack, water and winter hat and gloves for the cold.
- Weather :
- Subject to weather conditions.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 48 hours.
- Adult: CLP$ 74,000 per person.
- Children: CLP$ 42,000 per person.
*Price for children valid from 4 to 12 years old.
*Children between 0 and 3 years old travel for free. Once made the booking, write us at email@example.com to coordinate.
We will gather at our meeting point to take our boat and go to the Magellan Strait in this Magdalena & Marta Islands Navigation. The first visit will be to the Marta Island, place where inhabits a sea lion’s colony. After the stop in the boat for a moment, and observe and take pictures from the deck, we will go to the Magdalena Island, place in which we will be able to disembark and walk by a marked path to the lighthouse of the place. In the way we will have a very close look of between 100,000 and 170,000 Magellan penguins that inhabit the place during the season. After seeing this special landscape, we will go back to our boat and return to the city of Punta Arenas, where our tour ends.
- In what period of the year the navigation is made?
The Magellan penguins are migratory birds and are in the island from the beginning of October to the beginning of April, period in which the navigation is made.
- Which time of the year is it possible to see a bigger number of penguins?
The larger number of penguins is seen in December and January, months in which the colony is formed by about 170,000 specimens.
- How far can I see the penguins during the walking in the Magdalena Island?
The penguin colony in the island is big. As this is a small island, it is possible to see penguins with a less than a meter distance during the walking. It is common that the penguins enter to the track while you are walking. However, it is strictly forbidden touching the birds.
- What type of boat is used for the navigation?
The navigation is made in three boats of different sizes, with capacity for 20, 36 and 67 passengers, respectively. The boat that we will use for a specific departure will depend on the size of the group.
More doubts? Send us your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org and we are going to solve them as soon as possible.