- Price for the Base Dientes de Navarino Trekking (2 days): CLP$ 379,000 per person.
- Round-trip transport from Puerto Williams to the start of the circuit.
- 1 night of lodging in a shared, two-person tent, a sleeping bag, liner, and thermal insulator.
- Box lunch.
- Cooking equipment:
- Camp stove.
- Personal trekking gear:
- Trekking poles.
- 1 porter for every 4 travelers.
- Airfare to Puerto Williams.
- Travel insurance.
- Tips (optional).
- Select the departure date on the calendar.
- Select the number of people.
- Click on “Add to cart.”
- Pay the total price of the tour online.
- Once the payment has been made, the reservation will be subject to availability, and will be confirmed within the next 48 business hours.
- 30- to 40-liter backpack to carry the items you will use during the trek.
- Fleece clothing (Polartec or similar).
- Rain jacket and pants (Gore-Tex or similar).
- Short-sleeved and long-sleeved t-shirts.
- Hiking shoes.
- Enough batteries (there are no plugs to charge batteries).
- Flip-flops (for downtime).
- Warm hat and gloves.
- Hat to protect against the sun.
- Ziploc bags or similar (to store garbage and protect your clothing from the rain).
- Travel insurance.
- Minimum age of 14 required to participate in the activity.
- Not permitted for pregnant women.
Start: as early as 9:00 am on day 1 at the airport, pier, or governor's office of Puerto Williams.
End: at 9:00 pm on day 2 at the Errante Ecolodge.
Day 1: Róbalo River – Cerro Bandera – Salto Lake.
We will be awaiting your arrival at the airport, pier, or governor’s office building on this first day, depending on your route of arrival to Puerto Williams. Then, we will go to the ecolodge where we will have a meeting to get to know our guide, who will give us some last-minute explanations, and we will reserve the equipment with him/her before departing. Remember that the guide and the porter are in charge of taking and pitch the tents, as well as making breakfast and dinner. You only have to take the box lunch, sleeping bag and sleeping pad.
Next, we will take our vehicle to the water intake of the Róbalo River, where we will start the trek. We will cross through the forest to take the trail that goes up to almost 600 meters (1,969 feet) in altitude to the top of Cerro Bandera. Here we will get a panoramic view of the city of Puerto Williams, the Beagle Channel, and Tierra del Fuego. After this, we will skirt around the edge of the forest to enter the valley of the Róbalo River until arriving at Salto Lake, where we will set up our campsite to have dinner and go to sleep.
Day 2: Base Dientes de Navarino – Róbalo River Valley – Puerto Williams.
Today we will get up early to eat breakfast and then head off towards the Base Dientes de Navarino. The hike will have a medium degree of intensity and we should arrive a little bit before noon. From here, we will enjoy a panoramic view of the northern side of Navarino Island, the Beagle Channel, and Tierra del Fuego. If weather conditions permit, we will also go around the Dientes de Navarino via the Australia Pass, or we will go up to a narrow pass between the mountains to see the southern side of the island: Windhond Bay, River, and Lake. We might also get to see the Wollaston islands that belong to the Cape Horn National Park.
After eating our box lunch, we will start the return trip back to the campsite to gather up our things and take the same trail we took at the beginning back. This time we will be more aware and alert to our surroundings, while gazing at the forests, lakes, and rivers that mark the trail. We will reach the water intake of the Róbalo River, where our transportation will be awaiting us to take us back to the ecolodge to end our activity.