- Lake Sandoval Tour (2 days): S/ 289 per person.
- Round-trip transport from hotel, airport, or bus terminal.
- Round-trip boat ride to Sandoval Lodge.
- Accommodations in Lodge Monte Amazónico Sandoval.
- Private room with private bathroom.
- Breakfast (except on the first day).
- Dinner (except on the last day).
- Bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- Drinks at the bar.
- Travel insurance.
- Health coverage.
- Tips (optional).
- Select the departure date from the calendar.
- Select the number of people.
- Click on "Add to cart".
- Pay the full price of the tour online.
- 30-liter backpack to carry only what is necessary for the 2-day trip.
- Comfortable clothes.
- Long pants.
- Long-sleeved shirts.
- Hiking shoes.
- Hat to protect against the sun.
- Insect repellent.
- Personal hygiene items.
- Ziploc bags or similar (to wrap up your clothes and prevent them from getting wet if it rains).
- Extra money for expenses not included in the tour.
Start: at 9:00 am at your hotel, airport, or bus terminal at Puerto Maldonado.
End: at 7:00 pm in downtown Puerto Maldonado.
Day 1: Puerto Maldonado – Monte Amazónico Sandoval – Monkey Island. After registration, we will go to Puerto Capitanía, where we will board our boat to sail for one hour to the Monte Amazónico Sandoval Lodge, our lodging for the night. After a welcome, we will get settled into our respective rooms and we will have some time to rest.
Next, we will do a 2-hour hike through the tropical forest, where our guide will give us an introduction to the Peruvian Amazon. We will hike the trails where we will behold large trees that are as old as 500 years, as well as different animals and insects. Afterwards, we will go back to the lodge to have lunch and rest.
In the afternoon, we will visit Monkey Island, which is located across from the lodge on the other side of the Madre de Dios River. We will find different species here, such as the Capuchin monkeys. Next, we will return to the lodge, and from here we will be able to take a nighttime trip to search for white caimans, which are usually found on the sand banks that form in the river. We will also be able to see capybaras, the largest rodent in the world. At the end of this outing, we will go back to the lodge to have dinner and sleep.
Day 2: Lake Sandoval – Return to Puerto Maldonado. We will get up early to eat breakfast and get ready for a 3-kilometer hike to Lake Sandoval. This lake, one of the largest in the Tambopata National Reserve, is a natural habitat for piranhas. Here we will take a trip in a paddle boat, where we will be able to see a large number of birds and monkeys of different species. If we are lucky, we will be able to see a giant otter, which, unfortunately, is an endangered species, as well as caimans.
After that, we will go back to the lodge for having a farewell lunch and get ready our thing, so then we begin the trip back to Puerto Maldonado, where our tour ends.