- Price per person:
- S/ 89.00 per person.
- 8:30 am to 5:30 pm.
- 9 hours.
- Shared transport, bilingual guide (Spanish and English), lunch and entry ticket to park.
- Not included:
- Pickup at the hotel (urban area).
- Meeting Point:
- Avenida León Velarde 141, Puerto Maldonado.
- What to bring:
- Trekking shoes, hat to protect against the sun, sunglasses, sunscreen, water, comfortable clothing, insect repellent and long trousers.
- Weather :
- Subject to weather conditions.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 24 hours.
We will pick you up at your hotel to start this full-day tour in the Tambopata National Reserve. The Full Day Lake Sandoval tour begins with a 45-minute boat ride on the Madre de Dios River. We will arrive at a spot where we will begin a 3-kilometer hike in the middle of the tropical jungle and head towards Lake Sandoval. This lake, a natural habitat for piranhas, is one of the largest in the reserve. We will take a trip in a paddle boat here to get a better view of the animals inhabiting the surrounding area.
Some of the birds that we will be able to watch are the cormorant, jacana, and tiger heron, and we will also observe other animals such as the howler monkey, the brown-mantled tamarin, and the sloth. If we are lucky, we may be able to spot a giant otter or a black caiman.
After this experience and taking pictures and a short rest, we will have lunch in the national reserve. We will be served a typical dish from the Peruvian jungle, juane, prepared on a bed of rice, with pieces of chicken, olives, and boiled egg, all wrapped up in a bijao (Calathea lutea) leaf. After lunch, we will start our return trip back to Puerto Maldonado to end the activity.