- Price per person:
- S/ 99.00 per person.
- 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
- 9 hours.
- Shared transport, bilingual guide (Spanish and English), lunch and entry ticket to park.
- Not included:
- Pickup at the hotel (urban area) nor travel insurance (recommended).
- Meeting Point:
- Avenida León Velarde 141, Puerto Maldonado.
- What to bring:
- Trekking shoes, hat to protect against the sun, sunglasses, sunscreen, water, comfortable clothing and insect repellent.
- Weather :
- Subject to weather conditions.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 24 hours.
We will meet in our meeting point to head to Puerto Capitanía to start the approximately 1-hour boat trip on the Madre de Dios River. When we get to the shelter, we will take a hike through a canopy installed 30 meters (98 feet) above the ground. We will ride the lines and observe the Tambopata National Reserve from up high, making stops on the platforms installed to watch the scenery and animals. We will also get a panoramic view of the Madre de Dios River, and with the help of our guide, we will be able to spot toucans, macaws, and oropendolas, among other birds.
Next, we will get ready to continue the adventure. Using a harness and following our guide’s instructions, we will enjoy a zipline tour amidst the trees of the Peruvian Amazon. After this veritable shot of adrenaline, we will take a break for lunch and to rest.
In the afternoon, the challenge will be to cross the Madre de Dios River by kayak to Monkey Island. Here, we will be able to see Capuchin and common squirrel monkeys that we will be able to photograph to take home a nice memory. Once we have finished the visit to the island, we will start the return trip back to the city of Puerto Maldonado to end our activity.