- Price per person:
- US$ 69.00 per person.
- 7:30 am to 6:00 pm
- 10 hours and a half.
- Pickup at the hotel (urban area), shared transport and bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- Not included:
- Food nor entry ticket to park.
- What to bring:
- Warm clothing, comfortable shoes, hat to protect against the sun, sunglasses, sunscreen, water, comfortable clothing and digital camera with battery and memory space.
- Minimum of passengers:
- departure from 3 passengers.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 48 hours.
We will pick you up at your lodging to depart from Puerto Madryn and take national Route 3 towards the south. Our destination will be the Punta Tombo Nature Reserve, featuring one of the most important Magellanic penguin colonies in the Americas. This spot, a rocky 3.5-km strip, has beaches where penguins come for the season to mate and nest. We will also spend a bit of time visiting the interpretation center, where we will be able to receive more information about the Magellanic penguin.
After leaving the interpretation center, we will hike a 2-km trail where we will be able to see these birds and their behavior from much closer, along with other birds they share the habitat with, such as cormorants and seagulls. After this hike, we will have some time to eat lunch before starting the return trip back. Along the way, we will pass through Gaiman, a small town that was originally a Welsh colony, which was the first municipality of Chubut. After taking some time to drink a Welsh tea, we will continue on to Puerto Madryn to end our activity.