- Price per person:
- US$ 28.00 per person.
- 8:30 am to 12:00 pm and 2:30 pm to 6:00 pm.
- 3 hours and a half.
- Shared transport, bilingual guide (Spanish and English) and pickup at the hotel (urban area, except accommodations without reception and Airbnb).
- Not included:
- Food nor health insurance.
- What to bring:
- Comfortable shoes, sun hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, snack, water and comfortable clothing.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 3 days.
We will pick you up at your hotel to begin this tour through the Uruguayan capital city. This Montevideo City Tour will allow us to know the Ciudad Vieja (Old Town) that until 1829 was surrounded by a wall that protected it from possible invasions. In addition, we will pass by the Port Market, the downtown, and the Plaza de la Independencia, which marks the limit between the downtown area, and the Ciudad Vieja.
After that, we will go to the Palacio Legislativo (Parliament) Building, opened on August 25th, 1925, because of the commemoration of the Declaratoria de Independencia (Declaration of Independence). Then, we will visit the El Prado neighborhood, with its parks and historical monuments, besides the Centenario Stadium, place where the first World Cup was played, won by Uruguay soccer team. Finally, we will visit the fancy neighborhoods, and we will pass by the Rambla of Montevideo, where are located the beaches of the La Plata River.
*If your accommodation is an Airbnb, we will have to set a meeting point to begin the tour, because the pickup is not made in this kind of places.