- Price for Merzouga Desert Trip (3 days): €150 per person.
*Extra rate for single room: € 30 per person.
How to book
- Select the departure date on the calendar.
- Select the number of people.
- Click “Add to Cart”.
- Pay the full price of the trip online.
- Transportation by 4x4 or minibus round trip from your hotel if it is located outside of Medina (if your hotel is located within Medina, the meeting point is the Cafe de France Restaurant in Jemaa el Fna Square).
- 1st night: accommodation with dinner and breakfast at a hotel in the Dades Valley.
- 2nd night: accommodation with dinner and breakfast at the camp in Merzouga.
- Camels ride through the Merzouga desert.
- Driver guide in Spanish.
- Tips (optional).
- Superior accommodation with private bathroom inside the haima.
*Extra rate for single room: € 60 per person.
What to bring
- Comfortable clothes.
- Comfortable shoes.
Day 1: Departure from Marrakech - Ait Ben Haddou - Dades Valley.
The Merzouga Desert Trip will begin departing from Marrakech, where you will head to the High Atlas mountains. After several stops, to enjoy the wonderful landscapes, you will arrive at Ksar de Ait Ben Haddu, the fortified city, a World Heritage Site since 1987. Then you will visit Ouarzazate, also known as “The Gate of the Desert”. Then you will travel the route of a thousand Kasbahs and the palm grove of Skoura towards Kelaat M'gouna, known as the capital of Roses. Finally you will arrive at the Dades Valley, where you will stay at the corresponding hotel/kasbah, with dinner and breakfast included.
Day 2: Dades Valley - Todra Gorges - Merzouga.
After enjoying an exquisite breakfast, you will head to the road that crosses the Dades Valley until reaching the incredible Todgha Gorge. These are located on the eastern side of the High Atlas. The walls reach 300 meters in height, while the gorge narrows to just 30 meters from side to side, being an authentic natural corridor of rocks that makes its way into a mountain range. After a meal, in a panoramic restaurant, you will continue towards Merzouga through the palm grove of Jorf and the village of Erfoud, where you will visit a factory of handcrafted marble pieces inlaid with fossils. In the afternoon you will arrive at the impressive dunes of Merzouga to cross the immense sea of sand on a camel and spend the night under the starry desert sky in the haima's camp, with dinner included.
Day 3: Merzouga - Tizi N'Tfrkhine - Marrakech.
You will start the day early in the morning to enjoy the sunrise. You will return by camel to the village where you can take a shower and have breakfast. From here you will head towards the Tafilalet Palm Grove and the village of Rissani, then you will pass through the Alnif village and follow the road returning to the Anti Atlas passing through the Jbel Saghro mountains. You will also pass through the main Berber village of Tazarine and N'kob and, from there, the Draa valley with its rows of palm trees. Arriving at Ouarzazate you will have time to eat once you have passed the Anti Atlas mountains. Finally you will return to Marrakech, ending the excursion.
Changes and cancellations policy
- You can cancel or reschedule the tour up to 3 days before the tour date. If you cancel, we will refund you 100% of what you paid to reserve.
- In case of cancellation with less than 3 days notice, no refund will be made regardless of the reason.