- Price per person:
- CLP$ 60.000 per person.
- 6:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- 11 hours.
- Pickup at the hotel, shared transport, bilingual guide (Spanish and English), lunch, humboldt Penguin National Reserve entry ticket, navigation tickets and drop off at the hotel.
- What to bring:
- Comfortable shoes, sun hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, water, comfortable clothing, digital camera with battery and memory space, windbreaker and binoculars.
- Swimming is not allowed in damas island.
- Weather :
- Subject to weather conditions.
- Confirmation policy:
- The departure will be confirmed once we gather a minimum of 8 passengers.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 48 hours.
Join us through one the most important natural attractions in the region with this Humboldt Penguin National Reserve & Damas Island, which will allow us to know this bird –that inhabits the Pacific Ocean coasts– and traverse the island tracks, appreciating the flora and fauna of the place.
- Hotel pick up at 6:00 am to go to Punta de Choros.
- From this point we will sail towards the Humboldt Penguin National Reserve.
- We will navigate through two islands: Choros Island and Damas Island.
- In Choros Island we will see the sea fauna, with sea otters, diving petrels, and Humboldt penguins, at a distance of 30 to 80 m, depending on the sea conditions.
- After sailing around this island, we will go to the Damas Island, where we will disembark for 1 hour.
- The island has a white sand beach, crystal clear waters and tracks to go over and see the flora and fauna of the place.
- Back in the continent, we will have lunch in a typical food restaurant.
- After that, we will visit an olive tree plantation, where we will be able to try olives and olive oil.
- On our way back to La Serena, we will see the semi-desert flora and fauna before reaching the city at 5:00 pm.
*It is important to notice that the number of penguins and other animals in the area may vary due to different nature factors not manageable when making the tour.