- Hotel pick up.
- Bilingual guide (English and Spanish).
- Shared transport.
- Mountain equipment (crampons, gaiters, boots, harness, piolet, parka, mittens and helmet).
- Cooking tent.
- 1 night in shelter.
- Health insurance.
- Sleeping bag.
- Comfortable and warm clothes.
- 40 to 70 l backpack for all the route.
- 25 l backpack for the climbing.
- Spare clothes.
- Trekking shoes.
- Extra batteries (there is no place where to charge electronic devices on the road).
- Cereal bars.
- Sleeping bag.
- Select the departure date from the calendar.
- Select the number of people.
- Click on "Add to cart".
- Pay the full price of the tour online.
Let's have access to wonderful views of La Paz surroundings with this Huayna Potosí climb of 2 days, of high diffculty, which will make us do some trek and climb at the same time we reach marvelous views of the landscapes around, once we get to the summit, at 6088 m high.
- We will leave La Paz by bus towards the Zongo platform.
- After a 2 hours trip, we will begin our upward hike.
- We will climb moraines until reaching the camp in the glacier.
- Dinner and rest.
- Very early in the morning, after a hot beverage, we will continue to the Alto Camp, at 5,200 m high, or towards the Argentino Camp, at 5,500 m high.
- Reaching the summit requires around 6 hours, plus 4 more hours of descent to the base camp in the Zongo platform.
- Once in the platform, we will get on a bus that will take us back to La Paz, arriving at 2:00 pm.
Which is the best time to make the climbing?
It is true that you can climb the Huayna Potosí during the whole year, but we recommend doing it between May and September. The rest of the year, the weather is too unstable, which makes difficult reaching the summit.
More doubts? Send us your questions at email@example.com and we are going to solve them as soon as possible.