- 1 person: US$ 379.
- Group of 2 to 4 people: US$ 339 per person.
*The room assignment will be single, double, triple or quadruple, according to the number of passengers for booking.
*The value for 1 person has a single fee.
- Round trip ground transportation to the embarkation areas.
- 2 nights of accommodation in Manití Eco Lodge.
- 1 night of accomodation in shared tent.
- Camping equipment.
- Bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- Entrance fee to the parks.
- Flight tickets.
- Additional excursions.
- Extra meals.
- Travel insurance.
- Tips (optional).
- Select the departure date on the calendar.
- Select the number of travelers.
- Click on “Add to cart.”
- Pay an advance deposit online of a percentage of the total price of the tour.
- Once the payment has been made, the reservation will be subject to confirmation depending on availability. If you would like to find out about availability before making the payment, send us an email at reservas@denomades com.
- 40- to 60-liter backpack to carry what you will need for the days of the tour.
- 30-liter backpack to carry only what is necessary for the 3-day tour.
- Comfortable clothes.
- Long pants.
- Long-sleeved shirts.
- Rain jacket and pants.
- Rain poncho.
- Hiking shoes.
- Hat to protect against the sun.
- Insect repellent.
- Personal hygiene items.
- Ziploc bags or similar (to wrap up your clothes and prevent them from getting wet if it rains).
- Extra money for expenses not included in the tour.
- Travel insurance.
- Minimum age required of 14 years old to make the activity.
- Not allowed for pregnant women.
Start: day 1 at 9:00 am at the meeting point in Iquitos.
End: day 4 at 5:00 pm at the hotel or airport of Iquitos.
Day 1: Bellavista Nanay – Monkey Island – Manití Lodge.
We will meet at our starting point to head to the port of Nanay, where the river of the same name meets the Amazon River. We will sail for approximately 2 hours, where we will have the chance to see different animals, such as turtles, herons, and caimans, among others. We will arrive at Monkey Island, a rescue center for different monkey species that live in an open space so they can move about freely, and so it is easier for them to return to their natural habitat. We will also have the possibility to see anacondas, boa constrictors, and other reptiles.
After this, we will sail down the river in search of the pink river dolphin, and we will get a chance to swim in the Amazon River. In the evening, we will go for a hike to observe nocturnal nature before going to bed to rest up for the following day.
Day 2: Amazon River – Manití Lodge.
We will get up very early to watch the sun rise over the Amazon River and then take a boat ride through the surrounding areas of the lodge to observe the animals. After this, we will eat breakfast and go fish for piranhas by canoe. We will use a technique that the locals have been using for years. We will return for lunch and then go on an outing to see the Victoria amazonica, the largest water plant in the world. We will have the rest of the afternoon free until dinnertime, and then we will take a nighttime hike to look for caimans. We will stay at the Manití Lodge.
Day 3: Palo Alto – Daytime Hike – Nighttime Hike.
We will start the day with breakfast to set off with full energy on the hike awaiting us today. We will hike 30 to 45 minutes towards the Palo Alto sector. This place is a lookout point with 3 different observation levels at 5, 10, and 15 meters in height (16, 33, and 49 feet approx.). This will allow us to get different views of the surrounding jungle. Then, depending on everyone’s choice, we will be able to go for a hike, take a canoe trip, or go fishing for piranhas.
At dusk, we will go for a walk to observe the nocturnal species of the Peruvian jungle. We will sleep in hammocks at the Mirador Palo Alto campsite.
Day 4: Palo Alto – Tribu Yaguas - Iquitos.
We will get up early to birdwatch from the lookout point. Then, we will pack up our luggage to begin the return trip back to the city of Iquitos. We will visit the Yaguas tribe along the way, an Amazon people who still preserve their ancient customs, which we will be able to learn about firsthand and also observe their everyday activities. After this, we will continue on our trip until reaching the city of Iquitos, where we will drop you off at your hotel or directly at the airport if you have a flight that same day.
- If you cancel 48 hours before the beginning of the tour, we will make a full refund of what you paid for the booking.