- Price per person:
- US$ 367.00 per person.
- 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- 4 days and 3 nights.
- Pickup at the hotel (urban area), shared transport, bilingual guide (Spanish and English), accommodation, food, water, first aid, fishing equipment, entrace fees, wellies, solar panel and battery, antivenin and airport pick up.
- Not included:
- Travel insurance with health-care coverage.
- What to bring:
- Trekking shoes, sun hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, comfortable clothing, insect repellent and windbreaker.
- Yellow fever vaccine.
- Weather :
- Subject to weather conditions.
- Minimum of passengers:
- departure from 2 passengers..
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 48 hours.
Let’s get to know the lung of the planet with this Peruvian Amazonia tour of 4 days, which will give you the possibility to sail and traverse the tracks that will give us access to the most diverse existing ecosystems, with animal and vegetable species that will amaze you.
- The pickup will be at the hotel or the airport, to begin the tour from Iquitos.
- We will go over the city in the way to the Bellavista Nanay Port, from where we will sail downstream admiring the nature.
- We will stop to see the Amazon and Nanay river’s confluence.
- In the tour, we will be able to see freshwater dolphins, turtles and typical trees, plants and flowers from the Amazonia.
- We will continue navigating, watching some towns in the banks of the river, until reaching the rustic shelter where we will have our lunch.
- Also we will have the possibility to watch the Victoria Regia, the biggest water lily in the world.
- We will follow to the Isla de los Monos (Monkey's Island), animal rescue center where we will identify different species.
- The navigation will continue to see other animals and make some piranha fishing.
- In addition, we will be able to swim in the Amazon River.
- We will reach the shelter to get set and have dinner.
- Then, we will make a night walk, in which we will look for spiders, snakes, lizards, frogs and rodents that make the different noises of the jungle during the night.
- Rest at the Amazon Lodge.
- We will wake up very early, so we can see the sunrise and begin a walk to make bird watching and see other animals.
- Then, we will have time to have breakfast with natural juices and fruits.
- After that, we will visit the community of San María de Fátima, where the people developed an ecoturism project.
- We will make a 40 minutes walk, in which we will see and identify the different animals.
- Lunch in the area.
- We will sail in a canoe to reach El Garzal, a 15 m high wooden tower from where you can see the landscape and different animals.
- Once it get dark, we will make a walk in which we will be able to identify different animals that are not easy to see during light hours.
- After that, we will board the canoe to go back to the shelter; from the boat we will see white alligators.
- Dinner in the Amazon Lodge.
- The first activity of the day will be the breakfast to start with energy.
- We will board the boat to go to the basin of the Yanayacu River.
- We will enter to the ecosystem of the Selva de los Espejos (Mirrors' Jungle), called that way because of the water reflection.
- We will walk by the Reino de los Árboles Gigantes (Giant Trees Kingdome), so maybe we can see some of the animals that inhabit the area.
- Lunch on board of the boat.
- We will reach the Yahua Cocha Lagoon, so then we walk back to our boat.
- Navigation back to the lodge for dinner and rest for the next day.
- We will get up very early to board the boat and see the sunrise in the Amazon River.
- Also, we will make a short expedition looking for birds.
- Breakfast with natural juice.
- We will make an ethnobotanical walk in which we will receive information about the Amazon plants and their relationship with the people who live in the area.
- Then, we will visit a small Yahua tribe, whose members will teach us some of their songs and dances.
- In addition, we will have a target practice with the blowpipe.
- Lunch in the shelter.
- After this pause, we will travel back to Bellavista Nanay Port.
Once there, we will take a vehicle to go to Iquitos.