- Price per person:
- US$ 369.00 per person.
- 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- 4 days and 3 nights.
- Hotel pick up, shared transport, bilingual guide (Spanish and English), accommodation, food, water, first aid, fishing equipment, entry tickets, rain boots, solar panel and battery, antivenin and airport pick up.
- What to bring:
- Trekking shoes, cap, sunglasses, sunscreen, comfortable clothing, insect repellent and windbreaker.
- Yellow fever vaccine.
- Weather :
- Subject to weather conditions.
- Cancellation Policy :
- 48 hours.
Join us in this Pacaya Samiria tour of 4 days, which will give us the possibility to know the diversity of flora and faunas that inhabit in this national reserve like Amazon river dolphins, piranhas and the lupuna (Ceiba pentanda), one of the largest trees in the Amazonia.
- The hotel or airport pick up is at 8:00 am, passing by Iquitos before heading to Nauta.
- In Nauta we will begin a 3 hours upriver navigation, in which we will have the possibility to appreciate the Amazonia flora and fauna.
- We will arrive at the San Domingo Community, where we will get the entry permits to the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve.
- Then, we will continue the navigation for 30 minutes more to the Buenos Aires community, where we will be staying.
- Once we are installed, we will make an expedition walk, enjoying and identifying the surrounding nature.
- Later, we will go in a night walk to identify different species inhabiting the jungle.
- We will go back to the Buenos Aires community to rest in a typical shelter.
- We will get up very early to begin a 3 hours navigation by the Pucate river.
- We will enter the virgin forest to see the area's flora and fauna.
- During this activity, we also will practice the small-scale piranha fishing.
- If we are lucky, we will see Amazon grey and pink dolphins.
- Then, we will make a walk by the jungle, so we can continue recognizing the flora and fauna from another perspective.
- During the night, we will make an animal sound recognizing expedition in the jungle.
- We will rest in a primary jungle camping of the national reserve.
- In the morning, we will make a botanical walk, in which we will get to know different medicinal plants of the Amazonia.
- We will learn to cut and drink from the water liana.
- We will find lupunas, one of the largest trees in the Amazonia.
- Also, we will watch primates in its natural habitat.
- Finally, at night, we will make an expedition looking for alligators.
- Early in the morning, we will get up to make a canoe excursion, from where we will identify different animals and bird species in the riverside.
- We will be back to take our things and go towards the Buenos Aires community.
- There, we can rest a little bit from the return journey and buy some handicraft.
- We will continue to the Nauta port, where we will take a vehicle that will leave us in Iquitos at 5:00 pm.