- Price per person:
- CLP$ 28.000 per person.
- 8:30 am to 8:00 pm.
- 11 hours and a half.
- Pickup at the hotel, shared transport, lunch, entry ticket to the saltpeter works and bilingual driver guide.
- Not included:
- Entry ticket to the hot springs nor entry ticket to Cocha Resbaladero (CLP$ 3,000 per person).
- What to bring:
- Comfortable shoes, bathing suit, towel, sunglasses, sunscreen, water and comfortable clothing.
- Confirmation policy:
- The departure will be confirmed once we gather a minimum of 2 passengers.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 48 hours.
This tour begins with a visit to the geoglyphs of Tres Islas, in the Costa Mountain Range. Then, we will be heading to the Santa Laura and Santiago Humberstone saltpeter offices, declared World Heritage by UNESCO. In them, we will discover the glorious past of saltpeter or "white gold", meeting with its vestiges and memories. We will visit its main buildings and industrial plants.
Continuing along the Pampa del Tamarugal, we will pass through the town of Pozo Almonte and the Sanctuary of La Tirana, where the most important religious festival in northern Chile is performed. Then we will go to the oasis of Pica, visiting the Church of San Andrés and Resbaladero Cocha, a natural rock pool with water from underground sources (optional bath).
On our return to Iquique, we will visit the oasis of Matilla, with highlights like Lagar Spanish of the eighteenth century and the Church of San Antonio with its bell tower.
*You can choose lunch between two options, depending on what's available the day of the tour, and includes a beverage and dessert