- Price per person:
- CLP$ 28.000 per person.
- 8:30 am to 8:00 pm.
- 11 hours and a half.
- Pickup at the hotel (urban area), shared transport, spanish speaking driver-guide, lunch and entry ticket to the saltpeter works.
- Not included:
- Health insurance nor entry ticket to Cocha Resbaladero (CLP$ 3,000 per person).
- What to bring:
- Comfortable shoes, bathing suit, towel, sunglasses, sunscreen, water and comfortable clothing.
- Minimum age required of 2 years old.
- Minimum of passengers:
- departure from 2 passengers..
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 48 hours.
This tour begins with a visit to the Santa Laura and Santiago Humberstone saltpeter offices, declared World Heritage by UNESCO. In them, we will discover the glorious past of saltpeter or "white gold", meeting with its vestiges and memories. We will visit its main buildings and industrial plants.
Continuing along the Pampa del Tamarugal, we will pass through the town of Pozo Almonte and the Sanctuary of La Tirana, where the most important religious festival in northern Chile is performed. Then we will go to the oasis of Pica, visiting the Church of San Andrés and Resbaladero Cocha, a natural rock pool with water from underground sources (optional bath).
On our return to Iquique, we will visit the oasis of Matilla, with highlights like Lagar Spanish of the eighteenth century and the Church of San Antonio with its bell tower.
*You can choose lunch between beef, chicken or vegetarian, and includes a dessert.
*The service includes a Spanish-speaking guide only. If you need an English-speaking guide or a guide who speaks another language, write us at email@example.com with your request.
How long do I have to enjoy Cocha Resbaladero?
Cocha Resbaladero is a thermal pool that you will be able to enjoy for 1 and a half hours, minus the time you will spend on the locker room and walking through the commercial area to know some products of the region.
More doubts? Send us your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org and we are going to solve them as soon as possible.