- Price per person:
- CLP$ 105.000 per person.
- 4:30 am to 10:30 pm.
- 18 hours.
- Pickup at the hotel, shared transport, bilingual guide (Spanish and English), breakfast and lunch.
- What to bring:
- Warm clothing, comfortable shoes, sunglasses, sunscreen, water and hat and gloves to protecto yourself from cold.
- Minimum age required of 10 years old.
- Minimum of passengers:
- departure from 2 passengers..
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 48 hours.
In full highland ridge, and with two small lakes green and yellow, it is the Red Lagoon, also called "Lake of Blood Color" by the locals. The reason for their color is unknown, as is its depth. It's so mysterious, that it does not appear in most maps.
Our tour will begin in Iquique bound for the town of Camiña, crossing the Andean foothills, a place that has been home for millennia to the Aymara culture. In our journey, the transport will pass by, among other places, the town of Huara, the Pampa aquifers, Chillayza petroglyphs and Chacras sector. In the latter, farmers work their land with ancient systems. Once in Camiña, we will have breakfast and head toward Amuyo, observing the flora and wildlife, reaching the impressive Red Lagoon at 3,700 m or 12,139 ft.
*Part of this tour is made above 3,700 m or 12,139 ft. of altitude, so we recommend not having breakfast at your accommodations before the beginning of the activity, and read this article to avoid the symptoms of the altitude sickness.