- Price per person:
- US$ 319.00 per person.
- 7:30 am to 9:30 pm.
- 14 hours.
- Bilingual guide, crampons and pickup at the hotel (urban area, except accommodations without reception and Airbnb).
- Not included:
- Food nor entrance ticket to Los Glaciares National Park (AR$ 410 per person for Argentines and AR$ 800 per person for international visitors).
- What to bring:
- Warm clothing, waterproof clothing, trekking shoes, warm hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, snack, water, gloves and comfortable clothing.
- Not allowed for pregnant women.
- Minimum age required of 18 years old.
- Not allowed for people over 50 years old.
- Not allowed for people with knee conditions.
- Not allowed for people with extremity prostheses.
- Weather :
- Subject to weather conditions.
- Cancellation and rescheduling policy :
- 15 days.
We will pick you up at your hotel to depart El Calafate and head towards the Los Glaciares National Park. Here we will start the Big Ice Perito Moreno Glacier trek with a 1-hour guided visit through the footbridges facing the glacier. This way, we will get a panoramic view of the place we are about to visit. Then, we will go to the Bajo Las Sombras Port, where we will board a boat to cross Lake Rico.
Once we have gotten off the boat, we will get into groups led by a guide. Our guide will lead us through the southern moraine of the glacier on a 1-hour trek to the lookout point of the entrance to the glacier, where we will put on the crampons, helmets, and harnesses.
After a short safety talk, we will enter the glacier, where we will begin to enjoy the views offered by the Perito Moreno: deep crevices, moulins, and caves with striking forms. After a 3-hour hike through these landscapes and after receiving information from our guide, aside from enjoying views of the surrounding mountains, we will begin the return trip to the moraine to take the boat and start the journey back to El Calafate to end our activity.
*If your accommodation is an Airbnb, we will have to set a meeting point to begin the tour, because the pickup is not made in this kind of places.
*Due to the confirmation of the start time of the activity is until 24 hours before the beginning of the tour, please be aware of your phone or e-mail, used for the booking, and the messages that we can leave for you at the reception of your accommodations.
Which is the difference between the Minitrek and the Big ice in the Perito Moreno Glacier?
The main difference is the touring time on the glacier and the walking times to reach the ice. While in the Minitrek the time on the glacier is of 1 and half hours, plus a 30-minute trek through the woods, in the Big Ice you will be walking for 3 hours on the glacier and 1 hour more of trek by a moraine. Just for that, the Big Ice is more physically demanding, besides you will be walking more to reach places that you are not able to visit with the Minitrek. Finally, with the Minitrek the visit to the footbridges is at the end of the experience, while with the Big Ice is at the beginning of the activity.
More doubts? Send us your questions at email@example.com and we are going to solve them as soon as possible.