- Price per person for the Inca Jungle tour (4 days) with return by train: US$ 269.
*If you are travelling with people under 18 years old, write us at email@example.com so we send you the prices.
- Pickup at the hotel in Cusco.
- Drop off at the center of Cusco
- Shared transportation by vehicle from Cusco to Abra Málaga.
- Shared transportation by vehicle from Santa Teresa to Hidroeléctrica.
- Shared transportation by Expedition category train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Shared transportation by vehicle from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- 1st night in a hostel in Santa María (triple, quadruple or quintuple shared room, with shared bathroom and cold shower).
- 2nd night in a hostel in Santa Teresa (triple, quadruple or quintuple shared room, with shared bathroom and cold shower).
- 3rd night in a hostel in Aguas Calientes (triple, quadruple or quintuple shared room, with shared bathroom and hot shower).
- Breakfast (every day, except for the first and the last day).
- Lunch (every day, except for the last day).
- Dinner (every day, except for the last day).
- Cycling equipment:
- Bike with front suspension.
- Bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- Entry ticket to Cocalmayo hot springs.
- Entry ticket to Machu Picchu citadel (archaeological site).
- Breakfast the first day.
- Lunch and dinner the last day.
- Trekking poles
- Luggage transportation service.
- Drinks at the dinner of the third day
- Round trip bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (US$ 24 per person).
- Health insurance.
- Tips (optional).
- Train upgrade to Vistadome category: US$ 42 per person.
- Rafting on the first day in Santa Maria (good physical condition needed): US$ 20 per person (not available from January to March).
- Ticket for zipline on the third day: US$ 20 per person.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu Mountain: US$ 20 per person.
- Entrance ticket to Huayna Picchu Mountain: US$ 20 per person.
- Round trip bus between Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu: US$ 24 per person.
*It is not possible to climb both mountains, Machu Picchu Mountain and Huayna Picchu, in the same tour.
- Select the departure date from the calendar.
- Select the number of people.
- Click on "Add to cart".
- Pay the full price of the tour online.
- 40 liters (maximum) backpack to carry only the necessary, since you must carry it during the whole trip.
- Trekking poles (recommended).
- First layer (T-shirt and synthetic pants).
- Short sleeves and long sleeves shirts.
- Polar jacket.
- Waterproof clothing (jacket and trousers, or rain poncho).
- Synthetic underwear.
- Bathing suit.
- Trekking shoes.
- Cap and gloves for the cold.
- Hat for the sun.
- Toilet paper.
- Insect repellent.
- Water (1 liter per person for the first day, you can buy more water on the way).
- At least S /. 200 per person for not included expenses in the program (the amount does not consider activities and optional rentals).
- Minimum age required of 12 years old to make the activity.
- Not allowed for pregnant women.
Start: Day 1 at 7:00 am at your hotel in Cusco.
End: Day 4 at 9:30 pm in downtown Cusco.
Day 1: Cusco – Abra Málaga – Santa María.
We will pick you up at your hotel to start this tour with a trip from Cusco to Abra Málaga, located at an altitude of 4,300 meters (14,108 feet). We will make a stop to behold the scenery, take some pictures, and put on our gear to start a downhill bike ride from here. We will see the Huamanmarca archaeological complex along the way, and we will also see how the landscape and the climate change as we go down in altitude. Next, we will arrive at the town of Santa María, where we can rest and go rafting (optional) in the afternoon. At night, we will eat dinner and go to sleep.
Day 2: Santa María – Inca Trail – Santa Teresa.
We will eat breakfast early to start the trek of the ay. We will be able to see some waterfalls along the way, as well as the diversity of flora and fauna the landscape has to offer. In the afternoon, we will go to the Cocalmayo hot springs (optional), where we will be able to relax in the pools and restore our energy after the hike. We will be staying in the city of Santa Teresa, where we can eat dinner and go to sleep.
Day 3: Santa Teresa – Hidroeléctrica – Aguas Calientes.
We will wake up early to eat breakfast and head to the place where we can go ziplining. After this, we will take the vehicle to Hidroeléctrica, where we will have to hike for 3 hours to get to Aguas Calientes. We will have views of the mountains as we walk along the train tracks. We will eat dinner in Aguas Calientes, and the guide will give us the last instructions for the next day when we visit the citadel of Machu Picchu.
Day 4: Machu Picchu – Cusco.
We will get up very early today to start the hike to the citadel. We will hike up the mountain via the stairs, which will take approximately one and a half hours. We will arrive at Machu Picchu, one of the seven wonders of the modern world, and we will take a 2-hour tour to visit its main sectors. Anyone who chose the option to go up one of the nearby mountains, either Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu, must do so in the time they have allotted to be at the site. After touring the place freely and taking pictures, we will leave the archaeological site to return to Aguas Calientes and take the corresponding train to Ollantaytambo, where a vehicle will be awaiting us to take us to Cusco.
- The cancellation of this tours does not have a 100% refund.
- If you cancel with more than fifteen days in advance, the amount refunded of the deposit paid for the booking, will be only US$ 44 per person, due to the suppliers’ policies.
- If you cancel with less than fifteen days in advance, the deposit paid for the booking will not be refunded.
What type of bicycle is used for the activity?
The activity is made in a standard mountain bike. Remember that you need previous experience in bike descent to make this activity.
Which is the rafting level according to the season in which I want to make it?
It is considered class -III and III during the whole year, although during the reain season it may reach a class III+. When the flow rate exceeds the level III, the activity is suspended and a full refund is made, bacause we do not risk the physical integrity of our passengers.
What is the duration of the rafting?
The duration of the activity is two hours, and it includes the previous introduction and the ride down the river.
More doubts? Send us your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org and we are going to solve them as soon as possible.