The tour has confirmed daily departures and can be booked up until 48 hours in advance. However, entrance tickets for the Machu Picchu citadel and the Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu Mountains are always subject to availability, so we recommend booking as far in advance as possible.
- From January 1st to December 31st, 2020 :
- Program for type of accommodations in Aguas Calientes:
- Without accommodations:
- Local price: US$ 329 per person.
- International visitor price: US$ 349 per person.
- Hostel Eco Mapi with shared room:
- Local price: US$ 349 per person.
- International visitor price: US$ 369 per person.
- Hostel Presidente or similar with private room:
- Local price: from US$ 409 per person.
- International visitor price: from US$ 429 per person.
- Hotel Tierra Viva or similar with private room:
- Local price: from US$ 484 per person.
- International visitor price: from US$ 504 per person.
- Without accommodations:
- Program for type of accommodations in Aguas Calientes:
*Local price for citizens of Peru, Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia, and foreign residents of other nationalities in Peru.
*International visitor price for non-resident international visitors in Peru.
- Children from 3 to 7 years: US$ 77 on the local price and US$ 97 on the international visitor price.
- Children from 8 to 10 years: US$ 60 on the local price and US$ 70 on the international visitor price.
- Teenagers from 11 to 17 years: US$ 10 on the local price and US$ 20 on the international visitor price.
- Students**: US$ 10 on the local price and US$ 20 on the international visitor price.
*To access to these discounts, write us at email@example.com.
**See requirements in FAQ’s.
- Pickup at the hotel in Cusco.
- Drop-off at downtown Cusco.
- Guided tour:
- Sacred Valley (Písac, Urubamba and Ollantaytambo).
- Machu Picchu citadel.
- Round-trip shared transport via the Expedition category train between Ollantaytambo and Aguas Calientes.
- Round-trip shared transport by bus between Aguas Calientes and the Machu Picchu citadel.
- One-way shared transportation from Ollantaytambo train station to downtown Cusco.
- Entrance ticket to the Machu Picchu (archaeological site).
- Accommodations in Aguas Calientes, in case you choose the option without accommodations.
- Tourist Ticket for the sites in the Sacred Valley:
- Partial ticket: S/. 40 per person.
- Full ticket: S/. 70 per person.
- International visitors:
- Partial ticket: S/. 70 per person.
- Full ticket: S/. 130 per person.
- Train upgrade to the Vistadome category: US$ 35 per person.
- Entrance ticket to the Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu: US$ 20 per person.
*If you change the Vistadome category, you will not be able to visit the archaeological site in Ollantaytambo at the end of the Sacred Valley tour, due to its departure time.
- Select the departure date from the calendar.
- Select the number of people.
- Select the optional services you would like to add.
- Click in "Add to cart".
- Pay an advance deposit online of the full price.
- Once the payment has been made, the booking eill be subject to confirmation depending on availability. If you would like to find out about availability before making the payment, send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Comfortable clothing.
- Comfortable shoes.
- Hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Rain poncho.
Start: Day 1 at 7:30 am at your hotel in Cusco.
End: Day 2 around midnight in dontown Cusco.
Day 1: Cusco – Písac – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes.
We will pick you up in the morning to begin our trip by vehicle towards north of Cusco. We will make a stop at a lookout point to catch our first glimpse of the Sacred Valley, as well as to receive a presentation from our tour guide. Then, we will reach Písac, where we will visit the archaeological site with terraces used by the Quechua for cultivation. We will reach an altitude of 3,400 meters (11,154 ft.) or even 3,500 meters (11,483 ft.) if we have the energy to explore the highest part. After this, we will go back to the town where we will be able to visit the handicraft market. Next, we will drive on towards Ollantaytambo while skirting the Urubamba River. Once we are there*, we will visit the terraces and the Temple of the Sun ruins, and we will also have an exceptional view of the surrounding valleys. At the end of the day, we will take you to the train station to take the train to Aguas Calientes, from where you will then go to the hostel where you will spend the night.
*If you selected the optional service for a train upgrade to the Vistadome category, you will only receive a short explanation about the archaeological site and then you will have to go to the train station to take the train to Aguas Calientes.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes.
We will get up very early in the morning to take the bus with our guide in the town center. The ride from Aguas Calientes to the entrance of the Machu Picchu citadel will take 25 minutes. Here, we will take a guided tour that lasts one hour, during which we will receive information about the place’s history, from its construction to the time it was rediscovered by Hiram Bingham. Then, we will say good-bye to the guide and the group to tour the citadel on our own, with enough time to get to explore the structures that we didn’t get to see with the guide, or to climb one of the mountains, Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu, if you included one in your ticket. After this experience, we will go back to Aguas Caliente, where you will stay for the rest of the day, situation that you would have to take advantage to get some rest, to know the city and go to the hot springs. You will spend the night in your selected accommodations.
Day 3: Aguas Calientes - Cusco.
This day will only be to return from Aguas Calientes to Cusco, so you have to be at the train station a half an hour before the scheduled departure on your ticket. You will arrive to Ollantaytambo, where transportation will be waiting for you to take you to downtown Cusco.
Time in the citadel
The time available for visiting Machu Picchu is four hours in total. This time must be administrated as follows: one hour of guided tour, and the rest for visiting the citadel freely or climbing one of the mountains: Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu.
Green line: journey by vehicle | Red line: journey by train | Yellow line: journey by bus
- If you cancel this tour, you will not receive a full refund.
- If you cancel more than six days in advance, you will only receive a refund of US$ 55 per person from the advance deposit made at the time of the booking.
- If you cancel less than six days in advance, you will not receive any refund.
How far in advance should I book the tour?
We receive bookings with minimum 1 week in advance. However, the places are limited and are always subject to availability. Entry tickets for the Machu Picchu citadel and entry tickets to the optional mountains Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu have a high demand, running out of tickets, in some cases, with months in advance. Because of that, our recommendation is to make the booking as far in advance as possible.
What is the Tourist Ticket and where can I buy it?
The Tourist Ticket is a ticket that gives you access to 14 places of tourist interest: 10 archaeological parks located in Cusco's surroundings (Saqsaywaman, Qenqo, Pukapukara, Tambomachay, Písac, Ollantaytambo, Chinchero, Moray, Tipón and Pikillaqta), and three museums and one monument located in Cusco. The ticket has a price of S/. 130 per person and you can buy it directly in the entry of every place of tourist interest indicated. To have more information about the Tourist Ticket, visit http://cosituc.gob.pe/tarifario/.
For the children discount, is it valid the age the children have at the moment of bokking or when we are going to do the tour?
The discount for children applies according to the age they have at the moment of making the tour. Separate from that, you have to send us the travel document at the moment of booking.
What document to I need to prove that I am a student?
The students discount is valid as long as you are maximum 25 years old. The same way the discount is valid if, at the moment of booking, you send us a copy or picture of your university ID card. This card needs to have the following information:
- Full name of the university.
- Full name of the student.
- Picture of the student.
- Year on which it is valid (if you will viist Machu Picchu during 2020, the card must indicate 2020 on it).
The following documents are not valid to prove you are a student:
- Registration voucher.
- Regular student certificate.
- Transportation card for students.
- ISIC card.
Why there are prices for type of accommodations in Aguas Calientes?
The idea is be able to offer an option according to what you want to pay by the tour, even giving you the possibility to choose the accommodations in Aguas Calientes on your own.
What are the differences between accommodations?
- Mapi Hostel: triple or quadruple shared room, with shared bathroom. Includes box lunch for breakfast.
- Presidente Hostel or similar: single or double private room, with private bathroom. Includes box lunch for breakfast.
- Tierra Viva Hotel (3 stars) or similar: single or double private room, with private bathroom. Includes breakfast.
What is the difference between the Machu Picchu citadel, Machu Picchu Mountain and Huayna Picchu Mountain?
What commonly is known as "Machu Picchu" corresponds to the Historical Sanctuary of Machu Picchu, which is formed by different areas, among them the Machu Picchu citadel (archaeological center or ruins) and its two adjacent mountains: Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu. The tour includes the entry ticket to the citadel, but not the entry to climb up one of the mountains, which you can add as an optional to your booking. You can check the technical details, similarities and differences of the mountains here.
Which are the differences between the Expedition and Vistadome train categories?
The Expedition category as well as the Vistadome category offer comfortable leather seats, and include a snack, and a cold or hot beverage per person. The first and main difference between both categories is that the Vistadome train has roof windows in the wagons, which allows you to have a panoramic view of the exterior. The second difference is that the Vistadome train offers entertainment services on board, like traditional dances and parades.
I have already bought my entry ticket to Machu Picchu, is it possible to book the program without the entry ticket added to the total price?
Yes. To make the booking in this way, you have to write us at email@example.com, indicating the number of people travelling and the date you want to begin the program, and we will send to you the corresponding quotation along with the instructions to make the booking.
How is the weather in Machu Picchu?
Machu Picchu is located between the Andes Mountain Range and the Amazonas Jungle, having a warm and mild weather, with a minimum average temperature of 12°C and a maximum average temperature of 24°C. From April to October is the dry season in the place, that is to say, during this period there is a lower possibility of having rain, while from November to March is the rain season, that is to say, during this period there is a higher possibility of having rain. Nevertheless, during the whole year there is possibility of rain, because we are talking about a subtropical area.
More doubts? Send us your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org and we are going to solve them as soon as possible.