The tour has daily departures confirmed and it is possible to book it until 48 hours in advance. However, the entry tickets for the Machu Picchu citadel and the mountains Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu are always subject to availability, reason why our recommendation is to make the booking as far in advance as possible.
- Until December 31, 2017
- Price per person, based in double occupancy, for the Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu (2 days) program: US$ 395.
- From Janury 1 to December 31, 2018:
- Price per person, based in double occupancy, for the Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu (2 days) program: US$ 415.
- Discount for student with current university card: US$ 20.
- Discount for children between 11 and 17 years old: US$ 20.
- Discount for children between 3 and 10 years old: US$ 70.
*For having some of the indicated discounts, you must write us at email@example.com before making the online booking.
- Pickup at the hotel in Cusco.
- Drop off at Cusco's downtown.
- Guided tour:
- Sacred Valley (Písac, Urubamba and Ollantaytambo).
- Machu Picchu citadel.
- Roundtrip shared transportation by Expedition category train between Ollantaytambo and Aguas Calientes.
- Roundtrip shared transportation by bus between Aguas Calientes and the Machu Picchu citadel.
- One-way shared transportation from Ollantaytambo's train station to Cusco's downtown.
- 1 night of accommodation in Aguas Calientes in Hotel Presidente or Hotel Vista Machu Picchu, according to availability (private room, with private bathroom).
- Dinner the first day (drinks not included).
- Snack in the morning of the second day.
- Entry ticket to the Machu Picchu citadel (archaeological site).
- Meals not indicated in the “Included” section.
- Tourist Ticket for the sites in the Sacred Valley.
- Partial ticket: S/. 70 per person.
- Integral ticket: S/. 130 per person.
- Train upgrade to Vistadome category: US$ 35 per person.
- Entry ticket to the Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu: US$ 20 per person.
*If you change the train category to Vistadome, you will not be able to visit the archaeological site in Ollantaytambo at the end of the Sacred Valley tour, due to its departure time.
How to book
- Choose the departure date in the calendar.
- Choose the number of people.
- Select the optional services you want to add.
- Click in "Add to cart".
- Pay online a deposit of the total price.
- Once payed, the booking is subject to confirmation according to availability. If you want to check the availability before making the payment, write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to bring
- Comfortable clothes.
- Comfortable shoes.
- Hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Rain poncho.
Beginning: Day 1 at 8:00 am at your hotel in Cusco.
End: Day 2 around midnight in Cusco's downtown.
Day 1: Cusco – Písac – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes. We will pick you up in the morning to begin our trip in a vehicle towards the north of Cusco. There will be a stop in a viewpoint to have our first view of the Sacred Valley, with and explanation in charge of the tour guide. Then, we will reach Písac, where we will visit the archaeological site with terraces used by the quechuas for the cultivation of products. We will reach a 3,400 m altitude, even 3,500 m if we have the energy to traverse the highest part. Subsequently, we will go back to the town where we will be able to visit the craftwork market. After that, we will take our transportation to follow the road towards Ollantaytambo, skirting the Urubamba River. Once there*, we will visit the terraces of that place and the Temple of the Sun ruins, besides having a privileged view of the surrounding valleys. At the end of the day, we will take you to the train station so you can take the transportation to the Aguas Calientes train station, from where you will have to go to the hostel where you will spend the night. Then, someone will take you to a restaurant for dinner and you will receive the directions for the next day, after what you will be ready to sleep.
*Those who have selected the optional service of train upgrade to Vistadome category will receive a small explanation about the archaeological site and then should go to the train station to take the transportation to Aguas Calientes.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco. We will get up very early in the morning to take the bus with our guide in the the city’s downtown, and make a 25 minutes ride from Aguas Calientes to the entry of Machu Picchu citadel. Here, we will have a 1 and a half hours guided tour, during which we will receive information about the place's history, from its construction towards the time it was rediscovered by Hiram Bingham. Then, we will say goodbye to the guide and the group to traverse the citadel on our own, with enough time to get to know the constructions that we could not see with the guide, or climbing some of the mountains, Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu, if you included one in your ticket. After this experience, we will go back to Aguas Calientes to be at the train station half an hour before the programmed departure in your ticket. You will get to Ollantaytambo, where the transportation will be waiting for you to take you to Cusco's downtown.
Green line: journey by vehicle | Red line: journey by train | Yellow line: journey by bus
- The cancellation of this tour does not have a 100% reimbursement.
- If you cancel with more than 6 days in advance, the amount refunded of the deposit payed for the booking, will be only US$ 55 per person.
- If you cancel with less than 6 days of anticipation, the deposit payed to book will not be reimbursed.