The tour has daily departures confirmed, and it is possible to book it until 48 hours before the beginning of the activity. However, the tickets for the Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu mountains –both optional services– are always subject to availability, so in case you want to climb one of these mountains, our recommendation is to book it as early as possible.
- Price for the Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu (2 days): US$ 365 per person.
*If you are travelling with people under 18 years old or students with ISIC card, write us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can send you the prices.
- Pickup at the hotel in Cusco.
- Sacred Valley tour.
- Machu Picchu citadel tour.
- Roundtrip Expedition train transportation between Ollantaytambo and Aguas Calientes.
- Roundtrip bus between Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu.
- Vehicle transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes, at a hostel with shared room, double or triple, with private bathroom.
- Snack in the morning of the second day.
- Bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- Entry ticket to the Machu Picchu citadel (archaeological site).
- Drop off at the hotel.
- Breakfast neither the first day nor the second day.
- Lunch neither the first day nor the second day.
- Drinks at dinner.
- Tourist ticket for the sites of the Sacred Valley.
- Train upgrade to Vistadome: US$ 35 per person.
- Upgrade to Hotel Presidente in Aguas Calientes: US$ 40 per double room.
- Entry ticket to Machu Picchu Mountain: US$ 20 per person.
- Entry ticket to Huayna Picchu Mountain: US$ 20 per person.
*It is not possible to climb up the two mountains, Machu Picchu Mountain and Huayna Picchu, in a single tour.
How to book
- Choose the departure date in the calendar.
- Choose the number of people.
- Select the mountain you want to climb as an optional service (Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu). In case you don't want to climb a mountain, just continue with the next step.
- Click in "Add to cart".
- Pay online an advance of the total price.
- Once payed, the booking is subject to confirmation according to availability. If you want to check the availability before making the payment, write us at email@example.com.
What to bring
- Comfortable clothes.
- Comfortable shoes.
- Hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Rain poncho.
Beginning: Day 1 at 8:00 am at your hotel in Cusco.
End: Day 2 around midnight in Cusco's downtown.
Day 1: Cusco – Písac – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
We will be looking for you in the morning to begin our trip in a vehicle towards the north of Cusco. There will be a stop in a viewpoint to have our first view of the Sacred Valley, with and explanation in charge of the tour guide. Then, we will reach Písac, where we will visit the archaeological site with terraces used by the quechuas for the cultivation of products. We will reach and 3400 m altitude, even 3500 m if we have the energy to traverse the highest part. Subsequently, we will go back to the town where we will be able to visit the craftwork market. After that, we will take our transportation to follow the road towards Ollantaytambo, skirting the Urubamba River, to visit the terraces of that place and the Temple of the Sun ruins, besides having a privileged view of the surrounding valleys. At the end of the day, we will take the train to Aguas Calientes, where we will spend the night in a hostel.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
We will get up very early in the morning to take the bus, and make a 25 minutes ride from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu citadel. Here, we will have a 1 and a half hours guided tour, during which we will receive information about the place's history, from its construction towards the time it was rediscovered by Hiram Bingham. Then, we will say goodbye to the guide and the group to traverse the citadel on our own with enough time to get to know the constructions that we could not see with the guide, and climb one of the mountains, Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu, if you included it in your ticket. After this experience, we will go back to Aguas Calientes to be at the train station half an hour before the programmed departure in your ticket. We will get to Ollantaytambo, from where we will take our transportation to Cusco's downtown.
Green line: journey by vehicle | Red line: journey by train | Yellow line: journey by bus
- The cancellation of this tour does not have a 100% reimbursement.
- If you cancel with more than 6 days in advance, the amount refunded of the advance payed for the booking, will be only US$ 55 per person.
- If you cancel with less than 6 days of anticipation, the advance payed to book will not be reimbursed.