The tour has daily departures confirmed and it is possible to book it until 48 hours in advance. Anyway, due to the high demand, our recommendation is to make the booking as far in advance as possible.
- From January 1, 2018, to December 31, 2019:
- Price per person, for the Machu Picchu Full Day Tour (includes Machu Picchu citadel): US$ 360.
*If you are travelling with people under 18 years old, write us at email@example.com so we send you the prices.
- Pickup at the hotel in Cusco.
- Drop off in Cusco's downtown.
- Roundtrip shared transformation by vehicle between Cusco and Ollantaytambo.
- Roundtrip shared transportation by train between Ollantaytambo and Aguas Calientes.
- Roundtrip shared transportation by bus between Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu.
- Bilingual guide (Spanish or English).
- Entry ticket to the Machu Picchu citadel (archaeological site).
- Health insurance.
- Choose the departure date in the calendar.
- Choose the number of people.
- Click in "Add to cart".
- Pay online an advance of the total price.
- Once payed, the booking is subject to confirmation according to availability. If you want to check the availability before paying, write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Comfortable clothes.
- Comfortable shoes.
- Rain poncho.
- Cap to protect yourself from the sun.
Beginnin: 5:00 am in your hotel in Cusco.
End: around midnight at Cusco's downtown.
We will pick you up at your hotel to go by vehicle from Cusco to Ollantaytambo's train station. There we will take the train towards Aguas Calientes, place where we will have breakfast (not included) and we can buy water and snacks before boarding the bus that will take us to the Machu Picchu cidatel. Here we will begin a 1-hour tour with our guide, in which we will receive information about the construction and what the places that form this archaeological site were used for. After that, we will have free time to take the last picturesand go over the citadel, before beginning the return to the Aguas Calientes' train station to be there half an hour before the departure of our train.We will reach Ollantaytambo, from where we will board a vehicle to go back to the Cusco’s historical downtown.
*It is not possible to climb a mountain, Machu Picchu Mountain nor Huayna Picchu, due to the citadel visit is made during the second turn, in which it is not allowed a climb to neither mountain.
Time in the citadel
The time available for visiting Machu Picchu is three hours in total. This time must be administrated as follows: one hour of guided tour, and the rest for visiting the citadel freely.
- The cancellation of this tour does not have a 100% refund.
- If you cancel with more than 6 days in advance, the amount refunded of the advance payed for the booking will be only US$ 60 per person.
- If you cancel with less than 6 days of anticipation, the advance payed to book will not be refunded.
How far in advance should I book the tour?
We receive bookings with minimum 48 hours in advance. However, the places are limited and are always subject to availability. The entry tickets to the Machu Picchu citadel have a high demand, running out of tickets, in some cases, with months in advance. Because of that, our recommendation is to make the booking as far in advance as possible.
How long does it take the visit to Machu Picchu?
The visita has a duration of three hours. The first hour, we will make the guided tour by the citadel. Then, you will have the rest of the time to go over freely by the citadel.
I have already bought my entry ticket to Machu Picchu, is it possible to book the program without the entry ticket added to the total price?
Yes. To make the booking in this way, you have to write us at email@example.com, indicating the number of people travelling and the date you want to begin the program, and we will send to you the corresponding quotation along with the instructions to make the booking.
How is the weather in Machu Picchu?
Machu Picchu is located between the Andes Mountain Range and the Amazonas Jungle, having a warm and mild weather, with a minimum average temperature of 12°C and a maximum average temperature of 24°C. From April to October is the dry season in the place, that is to say, during this period there is a lower possibility of having rain, while from November to March is the rain season, that is to say, during this period there is a higher possibility of having rain. Nevertheless, during the whole year there is possibility of rain, because we are talking about a subtropical area.
More doubts? Send us your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org and we are going to solve them as soon as possible.