- Program for type of accommodations in Aguas Calientes:
- Without accommodations:
- Local price: US$ 509 per person.
- International visitor price: US$ 529 per person.
- Hostel Eco Mapi with shared room:
- Local price: US$ 519 per person.
- International visitor price: US$ 539 per person.
- Hostel Presidente or similar with private room:
- Local price: from US$ 549 per person.
- International visitor price: from US$ 569 per person.
- Hotel Tierra Viva or similar with private room:
- Local price: from US$ 587 per person.
- International visitor price: from US$ 607 per person.
*Local price for citizens of Peru, Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia, and foreign residents of other nationalities in Peru.
*International visitor price for non-resident international visitors in Peru.
- Children from 3 to 7 years: US$ 57 on the local price and US$ 77 on the international visitor price.
- Children from 8 to 10 years: US$ 40 on the local price and US$ 50 on the international visitor price.
- Teenagers from 11 to 17 years: US$ 10 on the local price and US$ 20 on the international visitor price.
- Students**: US$ 10 on the local price and US$ 20 on the international visitor price.
*To access to these discounts, write us at email@example.com.
**See requirements in FAQ’s.
- Pickup at the hotel in Cusco.
- Transport by vehicle from Cusco to Ollantaytambo (round trip).
- Transport by Expedition train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes (round trip).
- Full camping equipment.
- Herder and beasts of burden (for camping equipment and food).
- Luggage carrying service the 2 first days (up to 5 kg per person).
- Entry ticket to the Machu Picchu citadel (archaeological site).
- Bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- 2 nights accommodation in tent.
- 3rd night of accommodations in Aguas Calientes, in case you choose the option without accommodations.
- The first and the last breakfast.
- Lunch the last day.
- Dinner the two last days.
- Entry ticket to the termal baths.
- Sleeping bag.
- Hiking Poles.
- Health insurance.
- Luggage extra wheight.
- Train upgrade to Vistadome: US$ 35 per person (one-way).
- Entry ticket to Machu Picchu Mountain: US$ 20 per person.
- Entry ticket to Huayna Picchu Mountain: US$ 20 per person.
- Bus from Aguas Calietnes to Machu Picchu (round trip): US$ 24 per person.
*It is not possible to climb up the two mountaints, Machu Picchu Mountain and Huayna Picchu, in a single tour.
*Due to the pandemic, the optional mountains Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu are closed to the public until further notice. In case you include one of them in your booking and during the date of your trip still remains closed, we will make the corresponding refund.
How to book
- Select the departure date from the calendar.
- Select the number of people.
- Click on "Add to cart".
- Pay the full price of the tour online.
What to bring
- A 40 to 60 liters backpack for all the circuit.
- Waterproof jacket and pants, or rain poncho.
- Warm clothes.
- Short and long sleeved T-shirts.
- Trekking shoes.
- Enough batteries (there is no place where to charge electronic devices in the road).
- Flip-flops (for showers, rest and river crossing, if it were necessary).
- Bathing suit.
- Hat and gloves for the cold
- Cap to protect yourself from the sun.
- Sun block.
- Water bottle (Nalgene or similar).
- Insect repellent.
- Personal hygiene objects and toilet paper.
- Ziploc bags or similar (to store the garbage).
- At least S/. 200 extra for expenss not included in the trek.
- Sleeping bag.
- Trek poles (recommended).
Beginning: Day 1 at 5:00 am at your hotel in Cusco.
End: Day 4 at 11:45 pm at your hotel in Cusco.
Day 1: Cusco – Abra de Amparaes – Huaca Wasi
- Hotel pick up early in the morning and travel by bus to the Sacred Valley.
- There will be a detour to go up to Abra de Amparaes, at 4,580 meters above sea level.
- Then, we will go downhill to the Lares Valley, at 3,250 meters high, to its thermal baths.
- Lunch and rest.
- We will continue the trek towards Huaca Wasi, at 3,600 meters high, where we will camp.
- Dinner and rest in tent.
Traverse time: 5 hours in vehicle and 4 hours walking.
Elevation: higher altitude at 4,580 meters and camp at 3,600 meters high.
Day 2: Huaca Wasi – Abra Ipsay – Patacancha
- Breakfast very early in the morning.
- We will begin the route towards Abra Ipsay, at 4400 meters high.
- On the way, we will see the communities that inhabit the place, with the colorful clothes of the man of Lares.
- Lunch and rest.
- We will go downhill to the Patacancha community, at 3,800 meters high, our second camp.
- Dinner and rest in tent.
Traverse time: 7 hours walking.
Elevation: Abra Ipsay at 4,400 meters high.
Day 3: Patacancha – Willoq – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
- We will begin our downhill trek towards Willoq, at 3,600 meters high, and then to Pumamarca, at 3,400 meters high.
- In this last place we will see the beautiful textile craft work of the people who live there.
- Then, we will travel by bus towards Ollantaytambo, at 2,850 meters high, Inca archaeological center.
- Lunch in the route.
- At night, we will travel by train to Aguas Calientes.
Elevation: Aguas Calientes, at 2,000 meters high.
Weather: cold in the morning and warmer during the afternoon.
Notice: there are a lot of mosquitoes.
Day 4: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
- 30 minutes bus trip to Machu Picchu.
- Guided tour by the citadel.
- Time to traverse and explore the area by the rest of the morning.
- We can climb up the Machu Picchu Mountain or the Huayna Picchu (not included).
- We will travel back by train towards Cusco, where the shuttle will be waiting to take us to our respective accommodations.
Weather: warm and humid.
Time in the citadel
The time available for visiting Machu Picchu is three hours in total. This time must be administrated as follows: one hour of guided tour, and the rest for visiting the citadel freely or climbing one of the mountains: Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu.
- The cancellation of this tour does not have a 100% reimbursement.
- If you cancel with more than 6 days in advance, the amount refunded of the advance payed for the booking, will be only US$ 60 per person.
- If you cancel with less than 6 days of anticipation, the advance payed to book will not be reimbursed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why there are prices for type of accommodations in Aguas Calientes?
The idea is be able to offer an option according to what you want to pay by the tour, even giving you the possibility to choose the accommodations in Aguas Calientes on your own.
What are the differences between accommodations?
* Mapi Hostel: triple or quadruple shared room, with shared bathroom. Includes box lunch for breakfast. * Presidente Hostel or similar: single or double private room, with private bathroom. Includes box lunch for breakfast. * Tierra Viva Hotel (3 stars) or similar: single or double private room, with private bathroom. Includes breakfast.
What document to I need to prove that I am a student?
The students discount is valid as long as you are maximum 25 years old. The same way the discount is valid if, at the moment of booking, you send us a copy or picture of your university ID card. This card needs to have the following information: * Full name of the university. * Full name of the student. * Picture of the student. * Year on which it is valid (if you will viist Machu Picchu during 2020, the card must indicate 2020 on it). The following documents are not valid to prove you are a student: * Registration voucher. * Regular student certificate. * Transportation card for students. * ISIC card.
For the children discount, is it valid the age the children have at the moment of bokking or when we are going to do the tour?
The discount for children applies according to the age they have at the moment of making the tour. Separate from that, you have to send us the travel document at the moment of booking.