This is a high demand program, with limited spaces and availability for climbing the Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu mountains, having dates that run out of spots with months in advance. We recommend you planning your trip as far in advance as possible.
- Without accommodations: US$ 485 per person.
- Hostel Eco Mapi with shared room: US$ 495 per person.
- Hostel Presidente or similar with private room: from US$ 515 per person.
- Hotel Tierra Viva or similar with private room: from US$ 563 per person.
- Child (age 8 to 17):
- Without accommodations: US$ 465 per person.
- Hostel Eco Mapi with shared room: US$ 475 per person.
- Hostel Presidente or similar with private room: from US$ 495 per person.
- Hotel Tierra Viva or similar with private room: from US$ 543 per person.
- Pickup at the hotel in Cusco.
- Drop off in Cusco's downtown.
- Round trip transportation by vehicle between Cusco and Ollantaytambo.
- One way transportation by Expedition train from Ollantaytambo to Chachabamba.
- One way transportation by Expedition train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- One way transportation by bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- Box lunch the first day.
- Snack in the morning of the second day.
- Inca Trail permits and entry ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- Accommodations in Aguas Calientes, in case you choose the option without accommodations.
- Breakfast the first nor the last day.
- Lunch nor dinner the last day.
- Drinks at dinner.
- Trek poles (recommended).
- Health insurance.
- Tips (optional).
- Train upgrade to Vistadome: $ 35 per person.
- Entry ticket to Machu Picchu Mountain: $ 60 per person.
- Entry ticket to Huayna Picchu Mountain: $ 60 per person.
- Round trip bus between Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu: $ 24 per person.
*It is not possible to climb both mountains, Machu Picchu Mountain and Huayna Picchu, in a single tour.
How to book
- Choose the departure date in the calendar.
- Choose the number of people.
- Select the mountain that you want to climb as an optional service (Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu). In case you don't want to climb any mountain, just continue with the next step.
- Click in "Add to cart."
- Pay online and advance of the total price.
- Once paid, the booking is subject to confirmation according to the availability. If you want to know the availability before paying, write us at email@example.com.
What you should bring
- A 30 liters backpack.
- Backpack rain cover.
- Hiking poles (recommended).
- First layer (synthetic shirts and pants).
- Short and long sleeved T-shirts.
- Warm jacket.
- Waterproof clothes (jacket and pants, or rain poncho).
- Synthetic underwear.
- Trekking shoes.
- Cap to protect yourself from the sun.
- Personal hygiene items.
- Toilet paper.
- Insect repellent.
- Water (1 l per person the first day; you will be able to buy water during the trek).
- Personal first aid kit.
- At least S/. 100 for not included expenses.
Beginning: Day 1 at 3:30 am at your hotel in Cusco.
End: Day 2 around 8:00 pm in Cusco's downtown.
Day 1: Wiñay Wayna – Sun Gate – Aguas Calientes (12 km or 7.4 miles, 5 hours).
We will pick you up in the morning to go towards Ollantaytambo. Unlike the Inca Trail (4 days), here we will take the train to the km 104, from where our trek will begin. In this place, we will give you a box lunch and liquid for the lunch time. In addition, we will receive all the directions of the guide to begin the walking with all the information. Our first challenge will be the 3 hours trek to Wiñay Wayna, at 2600 m a. s. l., archaeological site that is believed was the home of ancient Machu Picchu priests. From this place, we will continue walking for reaching the Inti Punku, the Sun Gate, that will give us the first look to the Machu Picchu citadel. We will stop for a couple of minutes to rest and take pictures, before going down to take the bus that will leave us in Aguas Calientes. Here we will get installed in our hostel so then we have dinner in a restaurant. After receiving the next day directions from our guide, we will go to sleep.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco (4 km or 2.4 miles, 1 and a half hours).
We will get up very early in the morning to walk to the citadel, so we can make the 1-hour tour included. Here, our guide will give us important historical information about the ruins, at the same time that we take pictures. Those who included a mountain, Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu, in their ticket, also will have time to complete this activity. This way, once ended the tour inside the citadel, we will go back to Aguas Calientes to be at the station half a hour before the train departure to Ollantaytambo. From this last place, we will travel by vehicle to Cusco's downtown.
Visit to the archaeological site
The time that you have in the Machu Picchu Citadel will depend on the circuit that we be able to confirm for the date you want to take the tour:
- Circuit 1: allows you to tour the high and low part of the archaeological site, as well as the platforms and terraces area for 3 hours maximum.
- Circuit 2: allows you to tour the high and low part of the archaeological site, as well as the routes to the Inti Punku and the Inca’s Bridge for 4 hours maximum.
In case you decide add the visit to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain as an optional service, you will have less time in the citadel, depending also on the time in which your visit to one of the two mountains is confirmed.
In case we cannot confirm the visit to the mountain as early as possible, the only possibility to visit the citadel will be with circuits 3 and 4 that allow just visiting the lower part of Machu Picchu.
- The cancellation of this tour does not have 100% refund.
- If you cancel with more than 6 days of anticipation, the amount refunded of the advance payed for the booking will be only US$ 65 per person.
- If you cancel with less than 6 days of anticipation, the advance payed to book will not be refunded.